Hybrid View

Default Ballast questions

I have a 1986 Sunsport with the 351w. I plan on wakesurfing this summer, and only have one Launch Pad brand 440 lbs sac.

I plan on getting a tsunami pump, and I've been eyeballin' the 1000 lbs. fly high surfing sac (L shaped) along with a bunch of accessories, but don't know anything about this stuff as I have never done it before.

I need to know what fitting to buy to make this all work, and I'm wondering if the 1000 lbs. sac is a worthwhile investment, or if it's too much for my boat. Anyone with a similar boat, I would like to know what your set up is.

Thanks!

Last edited by Mani; 04-28-2010 at 04:40 PM.

just getting into ballast systems my self...but id say you have the old water bed fittings like me...screw on screw off. right guys?
    2002 Launch 22' SSV
    5.7 Indmar Assault

"wetter is better!"

Well I'm starting to figure the fittings out the more I research them, but still don't know jack about weighting the boat, the max weight ratings, etc. My info plate on the hull is illegible, if it even is an info plate.

Check out WakeMikey's EXTENSIVE thread. Same boat I think & everything you ever wanted to know about wakesurfing but were afraid to ask.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

As far as illegible plate, you could try taking a piece of paper, holding it over the plate and then taking a pencile and rub it on the paper entirely. Maybe then the lettering would pull on to the none colored side...
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

I'll give it my best shot when the hull gets back to me. Thanks!