Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 89 Supra SunSport for sale GREAT condition - $8000 (SCarolina)

1989 Supra Sunsport, Kevlar SuperTrac Hull 
Length 21’ 
351HP ORIGINAL OWNER $8000.00 (will help with delivery)

Check out all the pictures here (copy and past this into your web browser address bar):
    http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredi...oQE&feat=email

Interior condition outstanding. New upholstery where needed.

Full custom cover fits tight all the way around for tailoring.

All brand new tires on 2006 tandem axle trailer in 2009. 

Fully functioning automatic bilge pump is a must and this one works great.

This is a very user-friendly family sport boat. It has proven safe and dependable all the time I have owned it. Preventative maintenance is actually performed more often than needed and it is stored on a battery tender when not in use. It is ready to go and have fun right now as it sits. It had been used seasonally in Michigan until I moved to South Carolina and brought it down 5 months ago. Every year its been properly winterized from Labor Day in the fall to Memorial Day in the spring. This boat has the same hull to the new Supra Launch wakeboard boat. This deeper hull makes this boat especially good for any kind of chop in the water. Any other kind of ski boat hull style is gong to give you water over or bow when crossing wakes as well as a shower of water for your unsuspecting guests. It also is being sold with a skyline to raise the ski rope for wakeboarding.

I'll be happy to work with you over regular email; in fact it is easier for me. Thanks

[email protected]

This is one heck of a dependable and safe boat for your family. A few emails trying to compare my boat to boats with asking prices of other ski boats similar to it in the year range; THIS IS NOT A MOOMBA OR A CLOSED BOW 19 FOOT COMP SKI BOAT!!! IT IS AN OPEN BOW 21' COMP SKI RIG WITH A KEVLAR RUNNING SURFACE!!! YOU CAN SET THOSE BOATS INSIDE OF THIS ONE. IF YOU PREFER TO SPEND 5 OR 6 GRAND OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON A BOAT WITH ROTTEN RUSTY EXHAUST MANIFOLDS AND CRACKED UP GEL COAT WITH TORN UP INTERIOR THAT YOU HAVE TO WRENCH ON EVERYTIME YOU GO OUT IN IT, GET AFTER IT! OUR KIDS KIDS CAN CONTINUE USING THIS BOAT!!! KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!! If you know boats, you already know you get what you pay for. If you have any questions just shoot me an email. Thanks for looking and have a great summer!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 87SunSportMikeyD; 01-26-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Notfriedman
    That is a sweet 89 well worth the asking price. That being said you might want to rethink the rant at the end . Anyone on this forum knows what a Sunsport is. Insulting Moombas wont get you anywhere. After all many Moomba owners will upgrade to a Supra. Its also common knowledge that the older Supras have floor and stringer rot problems. You may want to discuss the condition of yours. Congratulations on keeping such a nice boat I doubt you will have much trouble selling it as long as it doesn't have rot problems.

I would run, dont walk, to pick up this boat, and it's a great deal at asking price. Looks in great shape, thanks for treating her right! I agree with Michael H that the rant could be toned down just a little to take out words like 'crappy'.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Default length

i thought these boats are under 20 ft without the sundeck? If so, i would be very interested

The length of a 89 Sunsport is 20'3" without the swim platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosalandi29 View Post
    i thought these boats are under 20 ft without the sundeck? If so, i would be very interested
    I bought this boat last year and have "invested" another $1,500 into it and am getting ready to put in new carpet and a Monster Tower this winter. If you're still interested in it, I would consider selling.

Just send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmpotter View Post
    I bought this boat last year and have "invested" another $1,500 into it and am getting ready to put in new carpet and a Monster Tower this winter. If you're still interested in it, I would consider selling.

Just send me a PM.

"invested another 1500"?

I was being sarcastic...boats are never an investment.

Quote Originally Posted by jmpotter View Post
    I was being sarcastic...boats are never an investment.
    Touche! I thought maybe you found unexpected work that needed to be done with it after buying.

Don't bother with this, I have emailed him a number of times with no response.....
    When in doubt........gas it!