Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sherwood Raw Water Pump - PCM 351

Anyone know of a different source other than Skidim.com for a Sherwood raw water for the PCM 351 ?? I have to replace mine. I guest I got a little sticker shock when I saw it's $327.24 for a new one. Thanks in advance for your help...

suggested list price for the SH-G-21 pump for a PCM 351 is $412.78
    I am not trying to sell parts but There is still room to work with on price. Al

Click here That's where I got mine. A bit cheaper, and the only place I could find for under $300.

Thanks Mani! Appreciate it.

Technically, I only need a new body, See sheet 2 of 4, Item 3 in the assembly. http://www.sherwoodpumps.com/FileAtt...09959_TECH.pdf

Anyone know where I could just get that piece? The previous owner stripped the hole on one of the mounting bosses and "repaired it with a heli-coil. It appears to now have been cracked at that boss.

Good info. I may be replacing mine before too long. I noticed yesterday it is making a little noise...kinda that bearing going out kind of sound.

What I can't understand is the engine's circulating pump is less expensive than the dinky little raw water pump? http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=R067035 WTF?

I have access to a direct dealer supplier. Marysville Marine. I will call tomorrow and find out if one of the guys can scrounge up a housing for you... I should be able to get that part!
    1992 21 Sunsport
    PTI Boss GT-40 351 w/4011 Holley 750DB
    O.J. 14X16 1.02 cup 3rh

Before I paid anywhere close to $300 I'd try to weld and re-tap the boss.

-B

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Jack View Post
    I have access to a direct dealer supplier. Marysville Marine. I will call tomorrow and find out if one of the guys can scrounge up a housing for you... I should be able to get that part!
    Thanks Jack, send me a PM on what you find out and we'll meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by barrey View Post
    Before I paid anywhere close to $300 I'd try to weld and re-tap the boss. -B
    I would, but welding cast iron is tricky I've heard. I've never done it. I've researched it and found out there some special techniques you have to follow to do it right with out ruining the piece.

Quote Originally Posted by techsledder View Post
    What I can't understand is the engine's circulating pump is less expensive than the dinky little raw water pump? http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=R067035 WTF?
    Supply and demand economics, my friend. Small block Ford parts are a dime a dozen in comparison to much lower volume specialty parts like a raw water pump.
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com