Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awesome video thanks for posting! I have to ask - what's with the camera? Hehe the rope and handle were yellow but everything else seemed to be in black and white, or brown and white kinda.

Have you tried that setup without the belly sac? Also have you tried anything in the rear non-surf side? Does anyone with V-Drive do that?
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Cookeville, TN (between Center Hill and Dale Hollow)

Mikey,

I dont know the deal with the camera. I think my 5 yr old daughter messed with the settings and I was unaware. She loves running around taking pics of everything imaginable. I thought the same thing you did when I first watched it tho. Kinda cool lookin with the rope being yellow and everything else black and white.

I have tried without belly wt and could not tell a big difference. If anything, the wake seemed taller and shorter. I've also tried wt on the non surf side (this seems debateable) and again no huge difference. I sometimes think wt on non surf side gives more push but not really convinced. The arrangement we had the day of the vid seemed to be the best to date but again not 100% sure. It just seems like alot of wt. The boat is rated for 1775lbs and we are exceeding that in just ballast. Not counting the gear and people in the boat. We had 4 adults and 5 kids the other day. We had 2 different people ask out of concern about our boat leaning to the side. What is a safe amt of wt????

Hehehe well of course no one can give you those recommendations due to liability concerns, but my old boat is rated at 1400 persons and gear and I run 14-1600lbs ballast + people. Most people I see with your approx model use probably close to 2k minimum! Someone chime in here....
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Yea, what Mikey said, a safe amount of weight is maxing your USCG plaque.

I know someone, who may or may not have a 24SSV, who puts 3500 lbs with people for surfing.
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV

A lot of people have said that they have not noticed much differnce with weight up front. With my 01 21 launch we put 300 in the center rear, 350 in the corner and 350 in the front corner of the the riders side , then we adjust the people in the boat until the wave is just right. I have noticed the with me DD you can have to much weight in the rear the lip will not shape up. We have also noticed that if we move 1 or 2 people to the middle oppisite side the wave will get longer and not so high. We spent hours testing everything we could with weight and plate to get it right now we now just what we need to do depending on the amount of people in the boat. Hope some of this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by iwakeboard View Post
    Yea, what Mikey said, a safe amount of weight is maxing your USCG plaque.

I know someone, who may or may not have a 24SSV, who puts 3500 lbs with people for surfing.
    What is your weight distribution? I am a new 07 24SSV owner and would like to learn from your experience.
    2007 24SSV
    66 18' Chris Craft Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by flyboywakesurf View Post
    I've surfed so many boats, they all have good and bad points. The Enzo is proclaimed as the King of surf boats and often times it's shown with a super long pocket, but the spine doesn't form until maybe 8-10 feet back, so effectively it has about the same length as any other wakesurf boat. The wake from the transom to a good 6 feet back just isn't surfable. Most boats have a much steeper spine and form closer to the boat. The Enzo has two very good parts of it's wake, one is the push at the back is probably one of the strongest and second is the transition is shaped about the best of any boat. Also, it just doesn't surf well on the starboard side without the reverse rotation prop OR weighting it to a dangerous point.

I surfed that RZ2 this weekend. On Thursday night and Saturday afternoon, the wake was amazing. On Friday afternoon and Sunday it was less than good. The smaller boat shapes well, but is hyper-sensitive to weight placement. The wake was never the same on the four days I rode it. My family owns an older Tige and I like it pretty well, but it's a bigger boat and is less sensitive to weight movement. The RZ2 is easy to overweight and weight amidship and on the opposite side of the wake really diminishes the quality of the wake quickly.

The new Supreme I think it's a V226? is a nice surf board too, very long usable pocket and seems to form well on both sides. I only rode the port side, but it was an excellent wake. Not quite the lip I would have like, still a solid wake and long usable pocket.

I know this info is a couple years old, but very cool to have James Walker posting here. Now I just need him to come to Georgia to tell me how my wake really is. I'm too simple to know really!!!