Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anybody tried the new Ronix Cortez surfboard?

I'm heavily considering picking the new Ronix Cotez board up this week, but wanted to get some opinions on it. It's new for 2010 I think, so I don't know if anyone has ridden it. If not, could some of you surfers read a little about it and see if you think it is what I may be looking for? The guy at our local board shop seemed really knowledgeable about them and thinks we would be happy. Right now we are on the broadcast and its great, but not very fast. All we are looking for is a board that will be responsive and fast. The broadcast is just slow once you get the basics down. I'm looking at the 4'8"

Opinions? I'd love to buy an Inland Surfer, but I just don't want to drop $400+ on a board since I am already having to buy another board rack, and the Cortes is running $299.

http://www.evogear.com/wake-surfboar...oard-2010.aspx
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Here ya go Dusty, Ill have it in the water by noon Thursday @ Platter...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Damnit, you already bought one! Go figure! That is the longer of the two isnt it?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

ya thats the 5'6 or whatever.. the bigger one... Fatr boy needs boyancy to surf...

Hey Matt, do you mind getting a couple extra pics for me?
    A shot that shows the rail shape/detail
    A shot that shows the bottom rail to rail concave
    Also, fins? size, and shape?

Thanks

I've got one and I love it. You can ride it easily without having to have a boat full of people. It has a super stable feel.

Scott, sorry I have it stowed & wont be able to get to it for a few weeks..

Got one and used it for the first time this weekend. Great for beginners and you can mess with the fins and make it more advanced. Well worth the money.
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

Good to hear. I have the same board, just picked it up this year and we are all new to the surf game. Hope it works out.
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

Quote Originally Posted by jaywidhalm View Post
    Good to hear. I have the same board, just picked it up this year and we are all new to the surf game. Hope it works out.
    Jay are you using the 750 lb rear sacs? if not you will definitely need to pick some up to get the needed weight to achieve a ride-able wake. I had a lot of problems with the stock 400's trying to get a ride-able wake, the 750's make a huge difference. You will also need to extend out the fill line so it does not snap off from the extra height of the bag. Make sure and get a larger surfboard if you are just beginning, smaller boards will demand a larger wake/more skilled rider.

At least this is what I have found, have been a few different board sizes (4'6-5'4) and the larger boards are always easier to free surf for me. I am a novice rider, 6'1" 200 lbs
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV