Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Fman, I am looking at getting the 750's this year. One piece at a time though for me. What do you mean by extending the fill line?
    I did get the 5'4" Ronix Cortez for that very reason. Didn't want to be frustrated with a smaller board and not like it right off the bat. Thanks for the advice, I will be sure and get the 750's, even if its just for one side right now. Thanks again...Jay
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

I just picked up a 5'6'' Cortez Friday and its pretty nice. I'm 215# and it floates me just fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jaywidhalm View Post
    Fman, I am looking at getting the 750's this year. One piece at a time though for me. What do you mean by extending the fill line?
    I did get the 5'4" Ronix Cortez for that very reason. Didn't want to be frustrated with a smaller board and not like it right off the bat. Thanks for the advice, I will be sure and get the 750's, even if its just for one side right now. Thanks again...Jay
    the hose that fills the bags sits low because the bag does not get too big, so you need to add 2 or 3 feet of length so when the bag expands the hose is not pulled out

I just upgraded to 1100# rear bags on my 06 22ssv(they fill to about 900#s) and I purchased hose, barb adapters and clamps from the hardware store to extend very easy and worth every penny.( thx scott for the tips)

1100 bags are 189$ each plus 5$ for the quick conects each.
    750# bags are 179$ each I think so I went with the extra weight

I was able to check this board out this past weekend in another boats rack.
    I like the swallow tail design, and the board looks to be a bit of a step up in design from the true beginner boards like the broadcast. The flat bottom and sharp rails lead me to believe it's going to be a quick and easy board to ride. I also like the larger fins. How's the weight of the board? I'd certainly skip right over the broadcast/cwb ride and buy this board instead.

The only disclaimer is I've never surfed the board, just gave it a quick once over....

Quote Originally Posted by ScottnAz View Post
    I was able to check this board out this past weekend in another boats rack.
    I like the swallow tail design, and the board looks to be a bit of a step up in design from the true beginner boards like the broadcast. The flat bottom and sharp rails lead me to believe it's going to be a quick and easy board to ride. I also like the larger fins. How's the weight of the board? I'd certainly skip right over the broadcast/cwb ride and buy this board instead.

The only disclaimer is I've never surfed the board, just gave it a quick once over....
    Hey Scott you going to hit up Canyon this weekend? I might head out there Sunday. If you go, find me and you can demo mine lol. Let me know.
    Last edited by Hematoma; 06-12-2010 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hematoma View Post
    Hey Scott you going to hit up Canyon this weekend? I might head out there Sunday. If you go, find me and you can demo mine lol. Let me know.
    Thanks for the offer, I'm going to take you up on that. Just not this weekend.
    As of right now, we're not planning on riding tomorrow. I'm going to ride at some point this week though.
    Have fun if you head out!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottnAz View Post
    Thanks for the offer, I'm going to take you up on that. Just not this weekend.
    As of right now, we're not planning on riding tomorrow. I'm going to ride at some point this week though.
    Have fun if you head out!
    Cool, during the week we go out on Monday and Thursday, if you decide to go on one of those days let me know and we'll meet you.

So I tried the Ronix Cortez 5'4" this weekend. First timer!! Had lots of people in the boat, but still no ballast, but decided to try it anyway. No problem getting up, but once I was going I was attempting to get the feel of it. I would sort of "fall" down the wake and the tip of my board would actually end up on top of the swim platform, then I would back off of it, hold it for a while, then bback to the platform. I will try to post some pics tonight or tomorrow, not sure how they turned out though. Never was able to go without the rope yet, but still trying to get the feel of it. Any ideas? We were at about 11.6 MPH.

Super fun though, can't wait till I get this all figured out and dialed in!!
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

So here are a few pics of the 1st surf attempt. I seem so close to the boat. More weight?? Slower or faster speed? Like I said I think I was going 11.6 with the wakeplate at 30 percent. I now it takes a lot of fine tuning...and we didn't have a ton of time. Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

Hey Jay,

Yea from the pictures it looks like you need more weight to get your wave a bit bigger. That being said remember, weight on your front foot speeds up the board and gets you close to the boat. Weight on the back foot slows the board down.
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V