Thread: Water in Bilge

Default Water in Bilge

I have a 09 21v . i am getting water in my bilge and for the life of me cant figure out where its coming from. I've checked all the hoses to and around the motor for drips,leaks and nothing......maybe i'll try shutting off my ballast valves and see if i still get water......any ideas?
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Silencers. Check both of them. Pump the boat. Dry everything. Pull the access panel and look. If you cannot see anything start the boat and look. I had a crack in mine. I had water that I could not find either.

If it is not that it may be the drive shaft seal. Search that and you can check it also.

Check around the rudder as well. If you go to a non-busy launch, I would have someone back the trailer in slow while watching to see if any water begins to build up in the back.

I have noticed that there is water around the v drive from last time even if we pull the plug. We dry the ski locker each time out, but I think the low point of our 22 is between the ski locker and the v drive under the floor and we can't seem to get it all out.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    I have a 09 21v . i am getting water in my bilge and for the life of me cant figure out where its coming from. I've checked all the hoses to and around the motor for drips,leaks and nothing......maybe i'll try shutting off my ballast valves and see if i still get water......any ideas?
    Could it possibly be a bag connection leaking once filled? I have noticed I accumulate some water in the front ski locker area near my front 400 lb bag. I tested the bag for a leak and could not find anything, my next step will be to see if the hose/Tsunami pump is leaking a little once the bag is filled.

Sounds like a good idea to turn off your ball valve to the ballast fill system and see if you stop getting water. I would doubt your shaft seal is leaking with an '09 but anything is possible.

Knock on wood, but my rear transom area bilge is always bone dry, I have never even had to use the rear bilge pump.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

the water is def coming from somewhere.....floors are bone dry around the rear sacs so not there........will look harder....
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    Doug

IT is my dripless shaft seal...... any one know if this can be adjusted? get about a drop a second sometimes more or less....at least know i know where its coming from
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    Doug