Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sky Ski Hydrofoil

Well I finally bit the bullet and bought a Sky Ski hydrofoil. I have been looking for quite sometime but figured I am not getting any younger so went ahead and ordered it today. I have never tried one before but have some friends that ride them and they love it. I need any pointers anyone can give me. We will be trying it out this weekend. I really can't wait to give this a shot.

SupraTamu,

Check out the foilforum.com - it's a place where the top hydrofoilers
    hang out and love to help!

Welcome to the family!

Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Welcome to Foiling... You will love it, as TG08 says, go to foilforum.com LOADS of helpful people and info.

I appreciate the information. I checked the website out yesterday and a lot of useful information.

Gave it a try this weekend but we had to cut it short due to the engine alarm going off. There is definately a knack to this. I guess it will take some practice. Only was able to get up a couple of times for a couple of seconds.

hi Tamu, I'm right there with ya.....just got my skyski too. On one of my first attempts my wife was taking off like I was barefooting and I was ariborne in no time ...and face first in no time.......but am looking forward to going again......I watched those vids and am stoked ......seems like sit towards front of seat arms straight and hands at knees is a must. pumped now and can't wait......
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

always look at the back of the boat ... ALWAYS move your body as a whole, don't twist at the waist ... NEVER make LARGE or fast movements and NEVER NEVER NEVER push on your feet - you won't like what that does.

The position you refer to doc most people call the "Super man" -- or "safety" position.
    Alwasy return to that if things get HINKY
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

here is one of my first attempts....any help is greatly appreciated, and have a good laugh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Piu-SckOnhI
    Last edited by docdrs; 06-08-2010 at 12:37 AM.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Pushing on the feet may be one of the problems when I did that it nose dived when trying to get up. It is going to talke a little time to get the slalom sking out of my head. The part I seem to be having an issue with is when to start leaning forward when being pulled up but eventually I will get it. It really looks like a lot of fun and I have seen alot of first time attempts on youtube so it does not make you feel as bad. I have never had issues in the past getting up on any water toys but this is a different story.

Todd,

I have the same boat as you and have been looking on line at some of the different sky ski racks. Do you recall what size the tubing is on the tower? Any suggestions on a rack? They are pretty pricey.