Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I emailed skidm after hours and the lady called me immediatly. I ended up using sand paper to sand off the burr on the new plate. Skidm said it is supposed to be a tight fit. Got it all back together and it wont start...

Cranberry, sorry to hear about the no start. Are you getting any spark at all?
    1988 Supra Mariah

Not sure I got frustrated, covered it up and now its pouring out. As soon as the weather breaks Im going to check the coil and spark.

I just spoke with Mallory ( the maker of my conversion kit). The tech I spoke with said that Prestolite made different size bowls on there distributors and about 25% of them are too small to fit a electronic conversion kit. He said that Mallory does not make a kit for these and that I am stuck with points. I am struggling to believe this since it looks like the plate is about 1/64" too big.
    1988 Supra Mariah

Last Friday I installed a Hot Spark system that I got off of ebay. It uses your original plate and screws to install. It took 10 minutes to install. It has been working for me so far. I can't really tell you about performance yet since I am still trying to tune it in since I installed the rebuilt engine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elect...15281835627882
    Last edited by 88MariahATX; 06-07-2010 at 01:17 PM.
    1988 Mariah

petronix make a great kit also. Al

The Pertronix kit just dropped right in for me. Been running great for about 4 years. Could have glued the cap on and left it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I just spoke with Mallory ( the maker of my conversion kit). The tech I spoke with said that Prestolite made different size bowls on there distributors and about 25% of them are too small to fit a electronic conversion kit. He said that Mallory does not make a kit for these and that I am stuck with points. I am struggling to believe this since it looks like the plate is about 1/64" too big.
    Thats got to be one of the bowls I have. Thanks for the info.