Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post 1997 Supra Sunsport

Finally decided at the urging of my brother (ngavdba...83 Supra Rider) to post some pics. Went out on the lake with him today to check out his new ride and decided if he wants me to post pics then why not let him take them.

After purchasing my Sunsport in '99, I sold my brother Daniel his Rider. I had picked the Rider up from our parents but when I had 3 kids of my own, I decided I wanted a little extra space. We have really enjoyed it as a family and they beg me to take them every week.

It's been a real solid boat and currently has only 362 hours so far on the PCM 5.8HO (GT 40 heads) engine with 310 horsepower. I had some transmission problems very early on in '01 but that was due to misalignment with the shaft. I had it rebuilt and have had no issues since. I have just kept up the regular maintenance and she runs like a champ.

Currently, I'm having the back seat and ski locker re-upholstered after 13 years of sun damage.

I would like to install a waketower at some point but it needs to look factory installed and not aftermarket. I saw one today on a Mobius that looked perfect as it was a very similar boat to mine. I'll keep looking till I find the right match.

Thanks again to my brother Daniel for the pics.

Last edited by ngavchris; 06-14-2010 at 01:06 AM.

Post '97 Supra Sunsport

A few more from today's outing. It was the first time out for the summer today. I changed the oil in the morning and then turned the engine over on the first try after seven months of being winterized. Spent some time getting the shine on and then off to the lake. I'm gonna need to order some Exquisite on the upholstery.

Last edited by ngavchris; 06-14-2010 at 01:17 AM.

Who needs a surfboard when you can tail a Rider's wake with a 21 ft. boat?

Last edited by ngavchris; 06-14-2010 at 01:18 AM.

Cool

Special thanks to my nephew Braden for showing me how to put pictures in without the thumbnails.

Good looking boat Chris!
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Very nice looking boat. I like the late 90's Sunsports. The few differences over the 80's are appealing to me.

Gorgeous boat! Even better engine!

Thanks for the comments guys. We as a family have a great time on the water. Kids beg to go everyday.

GREAT loookin boat!! Time for a towerrrrr! I would suggesst New Dimensions based on your criteria. Anyone else? Thanks for sharing!
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Thanks Mikey
    The new dimesions is the way I been leaning. They are so proudof them $$$$, which s why I have not had one put on yet. Hope to be at I again this weekend.