Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Are you wanting to keep the roswell lightbar?

Cans will set you back more money taking away from other.places but a 7.7 would sound better.than a 6.5.

Id start.with.that.decision.because.the.towers.are what's.gonna cost.
    Yes I was wanting to keep the same cans on the tower if possible. I don't have a light bar
    thanks

What size cans?

I'll assume 6.5. I'd try to get 6.5 bullet hollowpoint hlcd. They are the only one I know that sells a standalone 6.5 hlcd. If not that is look at the coaxials from bullet and wetsound xs650.

Default het matt

[QUOTE=Matt Laird;38199]I would agree with JonyB & Chad, Go with the wetsounds, You will be amazed @ the sound quality..[/QUOTEI'm new to this site. Sold my old boat i/o crownline and just bought a new 2008 22 launch. Working on the sound system. Which wet sound coax were you talking about the 650's or the 65's. I have the kicker 620's now but what brighter. If the 65's are not a hugh upgrade I'll go with the 650's but will have to re-amp. Any thoughts, thanks, Gene

Default Hi

Quote Originally Posted by cmtaylor777 View Post
    Stick with Wet Sounds.
    I an new to this site as I just bought a new holdover 22 launch. I am thinking about upgrading the kicker 620 coax with wet sounds. Were you talking about the 65's or the 650's? I was hoping the 65's would be a big upgrade but if not it'll be the 650's. I'll have to re-amp for the 650's. Thanks for your input. Gene

The 650's are a huge improvement over the 65's, and most other standard coax's, including the Polk's that everyone rave about.

The 650's have a lower impedance then most though, they show about 3.6-3.7 ohm per speaker. When you load down a 4-channel amp with 3 or 4 pair, 1 channel will see less than 2 ohm. Most amplifiers wont do that. I've had some problems before with that on customer's boats. The Syn4 is the only amp I've seen so far that will handle that low of an impedance that won't shut off.

I'd recommend 3 pair of 650's in the stock locations with a Syn4 powering them. That's what I did in my boat as well.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery