Default Slight Transmission noise??

I have a 1990 Sunsport
    When idling there is a slight kind of grinding sound in the transmission as soon as I give the engine just a little bit of gas it goes away. I can bring it back down to idle and its fine. If I go from reverse back to forward it does the same thing. The boat runs beautifully at about any speed no vibration nothing. Does anyone one have any ideas? How concerned should I be?

My boat was doing that while I was de-winterizing, had her hooked up to the fake a lake and she was making a slight grinding noise - after I shut it down and checked all fluids I fired it back up and let it run at around 2000 rpms for a few minutes then went back to idle and everything sounds fine now.

I get this sometimes too...My thought is that it is when you are sitting for a while and the alternator is putting a little strain on the engine until the battery is charged. I have two Optima Marine batters with a larger alternator, so not sure if this is it, but I have seen no problems as a result. Maybe just give it a second before shifting to forward or reverse....