Default '03 Launch slalom wake?

Can anyone tell me how well an '03 Launch would perform for slalom skiing? I like to ski and the kids like to board so I need a boat that goes both ways. I can get a good deal on an '03 Launch that was left over fom last year. We like it for overall quality and we can take 13 people to the lake with us! The more the merrier you know.

Default Replying to Topic ''03 Launch slalom wake?'

The 03 Launch is a perfect boat for both slalom and wakeboarding. Make sure you get the wake plate with it. When the wake plate is down, you will be set for great slalom action. With the wake plate up and the ballast full, the wake is perfect for wakeboarding. If I didn't have a Launch SSV, I would have chosen a Launch direct drive like what you are looking at.

Have fun with your new launch!
    2004 Launch SSV Gravity Games

Thanks for your reply. The boat does have a wake plate. We demo-ed it yesterday and thought the boat was great. How fast do you have to go to get the wake down for slalom skiing? The sales rep pulled me at 25-28 mph. (I'm olny a novice) The wake was not any smaller than the wake we get bhind our 18 ft. Regal. We left a deposit on it and should have delivery within the next couple of weeks. Plenty of summer left in North Carolina to enjoy this boat.

Thanks again,
    Scott

Scott, Make sure the wake plate is all the way down as shown on the side gauge. The fastest you go, the more the wake will flatten out. I recommend for a novice slalom skier (depending on your weight), going 28-30mph. What lake do you boat on in North Carolina. I am also in North Carolina.
    NCSupraSSV

Thus far we have only been on Lake Wylie. We bought our first boat a couple of years ago and kept the boat at a marina for convinience (sp?) Now that we are getting the Launch, I'm looking forward to discovering Lake Norman also. What about you?

Scott, I'm on High Rock. Explored Lake Norman a couple of years ago, but don't get down there much anymore.
    NCSupraSSV