Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Supra Launch 22 V Worlds Package vs Tige RZ2 loaded

I'm not sure if anyone would be able to help but I sure would appreciate it. I am in the market for a new boat and these are they two I have narrowed my choices down to. I was just hoping someone could give me some insight on pros and cons on each boat on this like resale value, wake profile, use as a family boat, smoothness of ride on choppy water, handeling, etc. Any comments or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Gannon

hard to comment on ride comparison......but looking at the specs ......its a heavier boat ...but has a great prop on it.assuming its the acme..and the 343hp......if its loaded with wetsounds tower and cock pit then it will blow away the supra stereo wise, does it have the underwater transom light? heater? dual batttery?...... what is the price difference between the boats, what ballast does it have? it doesn't have playpen and center observers seat which allows for increased center ballast. but it looks like a good boat...and for surfing tige is suppose to be right up there.....family wise i would think both are comparable.....personally i think the supra is a little more nimble than other boats but just my experience......don't think you will lose either way
    Last edited by docdrs; 06-27-2010 at 08:42 PM.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

When I bought my Supra in 2008 my final choice was between my Supra and the Tige. Both good boats but thought the Supra seemed a bit more solid and the Tige was about 10k more than my Supra.

Don't think you could make a wrong choice!
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

Cookeville, TN (between Center Hill and Dale Hollow)

What are you going to be mostly using it for? I think Supra is a great all around boat as is the Tige. However, the Tige has an amazing surf wake. I've not experienced this personally but have watched a lot of vids and seen many pics...IMPRESSIVE. Both are amazing boats and you can't go wrong. Isn't it great to be faced with decisions like these?

Are they 2010 models? Both are awesome boats, I like how the RZ2 has 102" beam and picklefork bow, its heavier at 4100+ lbs (3800 lbs-Supra), the Supra is a little longer at 22' 6". I dont like the Tige towers, and think there graphics packages and boat body style look horrible. The worlds package is fantastic on the Supra, no Z-5 on the Tige (cant be ordered for that boat), and the VISION is comparable to the Tige Touch. The Supra worlds will come loaded with every option available, not sure what Tige' offers on there boat upgrades.

And are the boats loaded comparably? warranty duration? is price an issue? difference between two? who is your closest dealer? If I were you, I would go out and drive both, get pulled behind both of them, use the ballast systems, spend some time in each boat. Its a huge, expensive purchase, make sure and spend as much time as possible in each boat. As others mentioned, I dont think you can make a bad choice, they are both great boats.

That being said, and owning an '08 22 SSV, I myself would go with the Supra Worlds, thats a dream boat for me, and I think they just look sick.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    hard to comment on ride comparison......but looking at the specs ......its a heavier boat ...but has a great prop on it.assuming its the acme..and the 343hp......if its loaded with wetsounds tower and cock pit then it will blow away the supra stereo wise, does it have the underwater transom light? heater? dual batttery?...... what is the price difference between the boats, what ballast does it have? it doesn't have playpen and center observers seat which allows for increased center ballast. but it looks like a good boat...and for surfing tige is suppose to be right up there.....family wise i would think both are comparable.....personally i think the supra is a little more nimble than other boats but just my experience......don't think you will lose either way
    I'm not sure on the underwater transom light, it is loaded with wetsounds, doesnt have a heater but i'm not worried about that. price wise the supra is 1500 more, no biggie there. the Tige has 2000 lb ballast, and the Supra worlds has the gravity III, correct me if i'm wrong.

I will mainly use the boat for wakeboarding but will slalom some and am starting out wakesurfing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    Are they 2010 models? Both are awesome boats, I like how the RZ2 has 102" beam and picklefork bow, its heavier at 4100+ lbs (3800 lbs-Supra), the Supra is a little longer at 22' 6". I dont like the Tige towers, and think there graphics packages and boat body style look horrible. The worlds package is fantastic on the Supra, no Z-5 on the Tige (cant be ordered for that boat), and the VISION is comparable to the Tige Touch. The Supra worlds will come loaded with every option available, not sure what Tige' offers on there boat upgrades.

And are the boats loaded comparably? warranty duration? is price an issue? difference between two? who is your closest dealer? If I were you, I would go out and drive both, get pulled behind both of them, use the ballast systems, spend some time in each boat. Its a huge, expensive purchase, make sure and spend as much time as possible in each boat. As others mentioned, I dont think you can make a bad choice, they are both great boats.

That being said, and owning an '08 22 SSV, I myself would go with the Supra Worlds, thats a dream boat for me, and I think they just look sick.
    The boats are loaded comparably as they can get em. Of course the Worlds Supra has all the bells and whistles. I actually like Tigetouch better than the supra Vision, a little more user friendly. The dealer said he would want to throw the wetsounds speakers on the Supra and would hook us up on that. Does the playpen area make the boat feel more crowded with 10+ people on board? I'm concerned that with the decreased walk space it would be a bit cluttered.

I haven't looked into the Tige too much but just to throw in a little insight ...

I looked at supra exclusively for the Z5. I feel like it is one of the best options on any boat out there. Provides no hassle shading and the utitily is great. We usually throw a tube up there and it is completely out of the way.

I also like the playpen, althought there is less walkroom, the boat is almost like one giant pillow. The wife is also a huge fan since her favorite place to sit is up front. 3 or 4 girls can sit up there once you lift the seat. She also enjoys laying up there (in the middle) looking back to watch riders. It really is a great space. Plus you can get a lot more ballast in the boat. Comes in real handy on a rough day because you can fill the sac up and the boat rides across the chop much better.

Stereo seems to be a mute point.

Fly high soft bags in the Supra are great because they are easily upgraded, which you will want to do when you start surfing.

As for the looks, i personally like the classic look up the Supra but the new pickleforks do stand out in a crowd.

As others mentioned, great boat either way. Go drive both, is it the same dealer. Where are you located now that i think about it, our Supra dealer just started carrying Tige.

If this is the toughest decision you have to make this summer .. life must be good.

I've ridden and driven both of these boats several times and they are quality boats, Tige has stepped it up in recent years. A couple of things:

Tige:
    Pros-
    * Their version of Perfect Pass is AWESOME, it's extremely smooth and precise, engages flawlessly and made me go, "Wow" when I drove it for the first time.
    * Very smooth ride, deals well w/ the chop
    * Surf wake is unreal, hard to compare the 22 wake to it (or my 24)
    * One of THE best looking boats out there
    * Absolutely love the Alpha Z tower with the built in docking lights and nav-light/ski-tow swivel fixture.

Cons-
    *Fit & Finish--though they've stepped it up I do not personally like the fabric they're using for the upholstery. I'm a bigger fan of the Supra material
    *Wasn't a fan of the wakeboarding wake, I think it took too much extra weight to generate what the 22 can generate with factory ballast.
    * Wasn't a fan of their web-back captains chair
    * The cushion that covers the walk-thru is cheap and easy to lose, so is the two back cushions across the back bench.
    * Have to upgrade the ballast system to get a comparable amount of weight to the factory Supra ballast
    * Thing was a pig to trailer, I'm not sure why this was but my 24 tows alot better than the RZ2.

Supra:
    Pros
    *Sick, predictable and reliable wakeboarding wake
    *Quality fit and finish (Jony would disagree)
    *Can replace the factory bags with ginormous ones and you can still hide it all away
    *Love the interior carpeting
    *Love the playpen
    *Clean and streamlined styling
    *Love the Supra Vision, but Tige has a version of this now too though I've never really played with

Cons
    * The ballast level gauges don't accurately measure the amount of water in the tank. Mine doesn't have this and I don't even think anyone really needs it but I've seen it work sometimes and not work.
    * um.....something else? Oh, factory stereo is lacking! Um...
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I haven't looked into the Tige too much but just to throw in a little insight ...

I looked at supra exclusively for the Z5. I feel like it is one of the best options on any boat out there. Provides no hassle shading and the utitily is great. We usually throw a tube up there and it is completely out of the way.

I also like the playpen, althought there is less walkroom, the boat is almost like one giant pillow. The wife is also a huge fan since her favorite place to sit is up front. 3 or 4 girls can sit up there once you lift the seat. She also enjoys laying up there (in the middle) looking back to watch riders. It really is a great space. Plus you can get a lot more ballast in the boat. Comes in real handy on a rough day because you can fill the sac up and the boat rides across the chop much better.

Stereo seems to be a mute point.

Fly high soft bags in the Supra are great because they are easily upgraded, which you will want to do when you start surfing.

As for the looks, i personally like the classic look up the Supra but the new pickleforks do stand out in a crowd.

As others mentioned, great boat either way. Go drive both, is it the same dealer. Where are you located now that i think about it, our Supra dealer just started carrying Tige.

If this is the toughest decision you have to make this summer .. life must be good.
    I'm located in arkadelphia, yea diamond lakes watersports in hot springs is where
    We went, some really nice guys there.