Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    This is very true, the '07 MC X-15 is listed as a 22' boat, and is really 21' 6", and the Supra 22V is 22'6"...both w/out platforms on them. This was evident when I moored up at the dock next to one and my stern was sticking out considerably more on the dock.
    I did notice that the supra would be a little bit longer and also weighs a little less that the tige. Tbh I'm leaning towards the supra because of the z5 rack and the playpen. Ill just have to see how it drives

Default Gannon search

Gannon,

Hope you do get to drive both boats. Jon and his team at Diamond Lakes will take great care of you. One of our highest rated dealers in the world in customer service. If we can be of any assistance from the factory, please do not hestitate to drop us a note.

Good Luck in your search.... But I would buy the Supra.

Rick Tinker
    Skier's Choice

Default Wow, Impressive

WOW, there ya go Gannon , the president of Skiers Choice.. Rick Tinker is even trying to help ya out.....How are ya doing on the Tige website??
    Last edited by docdrs; 06-28-2010 at 09:11 PM.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Thanks for the kind words everybody.

Gannon, thanks for stopping in the dealership this past week and talking with my guys. Sorry I was not there as I was on vacation this past week. I would be happy to take you out in the boats any time. I will pm you my cell number. Feel free to call me any time.

KG's Supra24,

Give us a call tomorrow and we will take care of you. We are staying open extra hours this week to make sure everyone is on the water for the 4th. We will open at 9 all week and will probably be working past sundown every day. Pm me if you need my cell. Thanks

Jon
    DLWS

the playpen is nice also for the extra observers seat.....and the z5 is tops for surfboards and sun protection....... do i sound biased? Robert at wake9.com gives thumbs up to tige , but then he comes with his own ballast.....I love that guy he is such a posi and so cool for the surfing community....I just wanna know if he surf's
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    But since this is a Supra site, How well would the Supra hold up after using them for a year or 2? Upholstery looks to be some of the best in the business, and im sure the indmar engine is a hell of an engine.
    My interior was falling apart until I replaced all the self-tapping screws that SC built it with. All the folding panels lasted about a year before all the screws backed out or fell out completely.

Engine is fine, except for when they mounted the fuel pump to the motor and we all had vaporlocking problems. I believe that's fixed now though.

A few people on here have also had problems with their swim platform brackets breaking off the boat while the boat was in the water.

Just a few points you should know. I know no one else on here will say it....
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    Jon and his team at Diamond Lakes will take great care of you. One of our highest rated dealers in the world in customer service.

Rick Tinker
    Skier's Choice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

KG's Supra24,

Give us a call tomorrow and we will take care of you. We are staying open extra hours this week to make sure everyone is on the water for the 4th. We will open at 9 all week and will probably be working past sundown every day. Pm me if you need my cell. Thanks

Jon
    DLWS
    Well these have me grinning ear to ear!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    Gannon,

Hope you do get to drive both boats. Jon and his team at Diamond Lakes will take great care of you. One of our highest rated dealers in the world in customer service. If we can be of any assistance from the factory, please do not hestitate to drop us a note.

Good Luck in your search.... But I would buy the Supra.

Rick Tinker
    Skier's Choice

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Thanks for the kind words everybody.

Gannon, thanks for stopping in the dealership this past week and talking with my guys. Sorry I was not there as I was on vacation this past week. I would be happy to take you out in the boats any time. I will pm you my cell number. Feel free to call me any time.

KG's Supra24,

Jon
    DLWS
    Wow thanks so much guys. Just hearing this from you two guys makes me want the Supra. Thanks for everybody's help and advice. Jon you will be hearing from me soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    My interior was falling apart until I replaced all the self-tapping screws that SC built it with. All the folding panels lasted about a year before all the screws backed out or fell out completely.

Engine is fine, except for when they mounted the fuel pump to the motor and we all had vaporlocking problems. I believe that's fixed now though.

A few people on here have also had problems with their swim platform brackets breaking off the boat while the boat was in the water.

Just a few points you should know. I know no one else on here will say it....
    I have also had a few problems, but all were taken care of by Skiers Choice, Indmar or Roswell. The swivel board racks replaced, walk thru platform above ski locker had screws replaced with bolt/locking nut, faulty o2 sensor replaced on motor, front nav lights leaking water had to be removed and resealed, and my rudder last year had a hairline crack that was replaced by SC.

The new 2010 swivel board racks are much better than the '08s, and these were all little items that like I said have been repaired. My biggest gripe about my boat was ballast fill/drain system that never worked properly since I purchased the boat. However, since '08 has been greatly improved, unfortunately SC would not upgrade my ballast system to the '09 setup so I had to do re-do the entire system myself.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post

The new 2010 swivel board racks are much better than the '08s, and these were all little items that like I said have been repaired. My biggest gripe about my boat was ballast fill/drain system that never worked properly since I purchased the boat. However, since '08 has been greatly improved, unfortunately SC would not upgrade my ballast system to the '09 setup so I had to do re-do the entire system myself.
    I ended up going through Roswell myself to get the racks swapped out. Ballast, still worthless. SC said they'd replace that bad parts, but I told them I'd rather have no ballast then to have a something that belonged in the grass. I was offered the upgraded ballast, but it was gonna be at least $600 with me installing. I'd rather install it myself after seeing the job done on other boats.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery