Default She's back from the shop...finally!

So, a while back, mid April to be exact, I had a little boating mishap. For details see http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=6295

Well I finally got the boat back last night after a long haul at two different shops. The final bill.... $7,000!! I fortunately only had to pay my $500 deductible.

First the boat went to the mechanics shop where they removed all of the parts needed for the fiberglass work. Nothing mechanically looked wrong with the boat.

So, at the fiberglass shop they fixed the damage from the handle, and also fixed damage to the gel coat from the tower and the swim deck.

The boat then went back to the mechanics where they installed everything back into the boat and took it for a test run... they felt a vibration. They pulled everything back out, and found there was a variance in the prop shaft and possibly problems with the strut and prop. They replaced the prop, shaft and strut with new parts and put it all back together. They took it for another test run and found that my ballast bags were filling up on their own. They did some more looking and found that there was some seal that wasn't all the way sealed so they fixed that too.

When they said they were going to replace the prop I asked what they were going to put and they said the same one that was on it before 14x18.5. I asked if he was able to put a wake boarding prop on and he replaced it with an ACME 1235 14.5x14.25 so I am really stoked about that. Tomorrow I plan on taking her out for the first time! Here are some pics of the new gear.

2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

Glad to hear you got the issues taken care of. Have fun getting it back in the water.
    1988 Supra Mariah

Looks like they did a real nice job on the repair, WOW, $7000 for that? Thats crazy expensive. Thank goodness for insurance, glad you were able to pay your $500 and call it good.

Enjoy your summer on the water!

P.S. Your new ACME wboard prop you are gonna dig! They are great....
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

That's sweet - and I know you're really stoked! I wonder what it would have cost had there been no insurance?? Insurance company got gouged in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, they did a beautiful job on the repair, but $7K?
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Quote Originally Posted by csuggs View Post
    That's sweet - and I know you're really stoked! I wonder what it would have cost had there been no insurance?? Insurance company got gouged in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, they did a beautiful job on the repair, but $7K?
    Yea, I am sure once the boat shop finds out its an insurance claim the prices doubles, if not triples like in this case... I agree, $7k for those repairs sounds like someone seriously got screwed.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Tay looks great, glad to hear it! Way to go on the prop - get ready to hang on tight, she will have hole shot now!
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Now if it wasn't so much time off the water, everyone is going to want to use your handle so they can get the replacements.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Congrats, have a safe 4th!! No running over the rope!!
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

Good to have ya back Tay.
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

Acme 913 prop, WS 420, Kicker L5 sub, JL/Kicker amps, Kicker in boats, Polk mm in roswell bar, 3000# ballast.

"Never underestimate a man that Overestimates himself."

Turned out good and glad you got it fixed without costing you too much.