Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by saltare inverts View Post
    Some more pics of my new to me boat on last Saturday.
    Nice pics, get'em over here will ya!!!! I don't know what you're doing upside down, is that a trick!!! LOL
    90 Conbrio

Im trying to. I cant remember how to get photobucket to show here. The pics wont just upload to Supra site, too large I guess. That upside down shot is middle of a backroll.

Talking

Im trying to. I cant remember how to get photobucket to show here. The pics wont just upload to Supra site, too large I guess. That upside down shot is middle of a backroll.
    Copy the address bar and paste it here.....Figures it was a back roll, but when you can't do'em you gotta poke fun.....
    90 Conbrio

S. I. ur new boat is seriously so sweet. How do you like the V-drive versus ur DD? I have a few buddies with em and they love them, and honestly, so do I, but all in time, its the natural progression I suppose.

DGREEN, To me one of the best parts is how open it feels. Kids love having the room and getting to the rope on the tower passing boards around etc is all alot easier. You get used to either way but having inboards for 9 years then switching to a v drive is really comfy. I really havnt noticed handleing being much different than my inboard. Actually this boat is much easier to manuever but it is two foot shorter than the saltare and lower sides. I will never go back to a inboard unless I can afford two boats.

S-I click the little picture of a painting when you are tyoing your reply and paste the individual pic's url in there.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Question

I will never go back to a inboard unless I can afford two boats.
    I'm confused... I thought direct drives and v-drives were both considered "inboards"?

They are but a v-drive is not as nimble as a direct drive. Motor in center of boat makes it better balanced for turns and tracking vs weight in the rear making more swing weight etc.

So are the v-drive more of a PITA like I/O's in the shallows? Not friendly for shallow water starts?