Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confusing Leak

Default Confusing Leak

I have 1999 Supra Legacy. Purchased at auction so I am not sure what history of boat is. After certain repairs finally put boat in water. Right away noticed leak out of what looks like old screw holes in Bilge pump compartment. after taking boat out of water really didn't notice any cracks or damage to outside of hull in front belly area where compartment would be at. So I bought some Epoxy and covered the holes. Once epoxy cured I put boat in water and noticed water now coming in from 4 different old mount screw holes. The holes were not leaking the first time. Got home drained water out and looked underneath hull and didn't see anything suspicious. I could epoxy these holes but curious as to where this water is coming from. I really don't want to take to dealer as I spent enough money on repairs.

Anyone experience similar issues. Any advice would be appreciated.

How bout those Hawks hawksfan. What a year. Check out this post. It might help. https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=6763
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Yes great year for us Chicago hockey fans. thanks for the link. Can't Believe only solution is to drill a hole in compartment to install plug. I am new to this forum. Was anyone able to determine were this water is coming in from.

Again thanks ahead of time for any help.

Very frustrated with this boat.

Check if under your rubrail is siliconed. If not. I would silicone it. The hole I drilled and plugged. Is to monitor if water is still getting in there. And to vacum it out if it does. Ok gotta go skiing b4 I leave for work.

Cant be coming from Rub rails. boat was still on trailer when water started coming in. Thanks.

But will silicone anyway. I did silicone everything else.

While the boats on trailer. Disconect bildge. Keep plug in. And fill engine compartment with a few buckets of water. look under boat and see if its leaking.

Hawksfan- I did a search in the archives for "comp bilge" and came up with a post from June by Autobahnracing. Seems like a similar problem. Basically drill a hole in in the floor (4" hole saw), ues a shop-vac, then install a 4" screw off cover over it. Good luck man.

foxriver... I did that took a hose and filler her up. And no water was leaking. Even kept water in for a day and noting leaked out. Only thing I can think off is water pressure when get dropped in water lot great that when you fill compartment. Water comes in but really doesn't want to come out.

Have you checked shaft packing nut on drive shaft? If packings bad. It will easily come in through there.

I would check shaft packing,rudder,exhaust tubes,muffler, and all water lines on motor/trans.