Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Exquisite Question

I finally got around to ordering a kit from Sue and I've got a question for you guys that have gotten the kit w/ the brush.

The brush that came with my order is a really hard bristled brush (IMO) and I'm hesitant to use it on my vinyl. I had expected it would come with a soft bristle brush. For those of you that got a brush, was it a rather hard bristled brush? Did I get the right one? If yours is the same, did you use it? Any issues?

I guess that's more than one question...

Thanks-
    2008 22SSV

Scott,

The brush will not harm your vinyl, I used it and it worked great. Make sure and use a lot of the cleaner and have a clean terry cloth towel to clean up all the dirt/grime it will break free. You dont need to use a lot of pressure on the brush to get good results.

You could also test it out on the side of a removeable seat cushion first to make sure you are satisfied with the results.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

My brush was firm at first as well. It loosens up after use. I scub mine all the time so I'm starting to need a new brush.

Don't worry about it. Just be careful around stitching. It doesn't take much to rip the threads of the stitching.
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

Acme 913 prop, WS 420, Kicker L5 sub, JL/Kicker amps, Kicker in boats, Polk mm in roswell bar, 3000# ballast.

"Never underestimate a man that Overestimates himself."

mine was a standard hard brisel tire cleaner brush....i scrubbed the crap outta my white seats...didnt hurt them a bit...but ill be honest...after using equisite i still havent gotten the results i expected....i need something a lil more powerful! any suggestions?
    2002 Launch 22' SSV
    5.7 Indmar Assault

"wetter is better!"

Quote Originally Posted by kodybyron View Post
    after using equisite i still havent gotten the results i expected....i need something a lil more powerful! any suggestions?
    Since you brought it up ....

I'm kinda feeling the same way. I was hoping for better results.

Has anyone tried it on their carpets? I read that you can use it on carpet but have been really hesitant. Will likely just use my Little Green.

I am still getting great results with the Exquisite -- after my return from Lake Powell,
    the seats were pretty dirty -- and it took 2-3 times of repeated scrubbing, etc to get
    them good and clean - and the brush is pretty firm.

I have used it to clean a spot on the carpet - prior to using my little green machine - it worked well.

This stuff still works better than the Babe's I used to use all the time - and I have
    no concerns about it harming the vinyl - my seats even seem to "feel better" after
    a good scrubbing.

I will be seeing Sue on Wednesday (tomorrow) if you want me to ask her any
    specific questions.

Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by tg0824SSVGG View Post
    I have used it to clean a spot on the carpet - prior to using my little green machine - it worked well.

Todd
    What about a small grease spot in the carpet? Does it work on that?

Not sure -- what I treated was "rust" -- something metal was left in there, under the helm on wet carpet. It got about 90% of it out - probably would have gotten more if I was more patient and worked a little harder.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Thanks for the feedback all. I'll report back after trying it out this weekend.

I love Babes boat bright and also dig their vinyl conditioner but thought their seat cleaner sucked. I've been using the west marine brand vinyl cleaner for spot cleaning w/ good results. But that stuff's $8 for a small bottle. The package of exquisite was a good deal in comparison. Now just have to see the results.
    2008 22SSV

I want to see results without having to clean 3 times, though. I barely have time to clean once. The brush also worries me around the stitching.

Is the west marine vinyl cleaner easy to use? Do you use a brush?