Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Monster Cargo Bimini- Supra 21V

Has anyone trailered with this bimini installed? The manufacturer recomends max speed of 45 mph.

I just ordered it and was cerious to hear other feedback.

John

I'd like to hear your opinion of this bimini when you get it. I considered getting this instead of forking out a ton of cash for the Z5 (but ended up getting the Z5 anyways because I got a used one for a great deal).
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnymac View Post
    Has anyone trailered with this bimini installed? The manufacturer recomends max speed of 45 mph.

John
    I have had mine for a yr now, I have pulled it at 55 on accident, My route to the lake is 45 and under. I pull it at 50 and don't seem to be having any issues. It's solid. It will take you 2 peeps to build and install but its nice. Did you get the large or small? I have the small I think lol and its huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnymac View Post

John
    Can you post up some pics? With the Z-5 if you use some extra straps there is no problems with towing. Might be the same case with your Monster bimini. Heres a couple pics of the straps I made for my Z-5, I can tow at 70 MPH with no problems.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

I've got the Monster Cargo Bimini on my 24 and have towed it at ~65MPH on the interstate with the cover/bungees on. No problems on this end. With that said, if you're really worried about it just pop it off and into your boat.

2005 Supra Launch 24SSV

Man... So Jealous... I've got the large bimini all fabbed up and installed on my boat but haven't been able to find a canvas guy that isn't a total RIP OFF! The first lady I talked to said she was 3 months out on stuff and the second guy told me it would be $800 for just the canvas.

I bought a demo model from Monster that didn't include canvas (which was great because I'm not putting black canvas on my boat anyway!)
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Iwakeboard,

Is that the large or the small monster top? If it is the small, is it big enough?
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

Skylar,

It's the small, and it covers up enough but if I had it to do over I'd get the medium!
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV

Thanks!

I got Pro80's on my tower as well, can a flat 3 person tube fit up there and under the speakers?
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

Hmmm, I'm not sure, maybe on a medium? I'm not sure how big tubes are really anyway which is probably not a help either. I imagine a single person tube on my tower would fit perfect, not sure about a two preson. I use it for surfboards if I use it to store anything, I've also used it to hold a cooler before.
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV