Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Resolved: not a fan of skiers choice right now!!!

So on the way back from the fireworks on the 4th I hit something in the water. It took out my prop, ruder and shaft. So onto the dealer on the 6th. After the inspection the dealer calls SC and they confirm all the parts are in stock. So today I get a call from the dealer and he tells me that he hadn't received the parts yet and just got off the phone with SC and the said that the parts that were in stock had got used to make up some 2010 boats this week. WtF! Are you kidding me ? This doesn't sound right. Either my dealer made this story up saying the parts were in stock just to get my business (because I gave him a deadline) or SC took my parts to make a boat that's gonna sit on a lot for the next year. What do you guys think? Do I have any other options here?

While that does really suck...and i mean REALLY, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions unless you know for sure what happened.

I plan on calling SC in the morning. I'm paying cash for all the parts, its not like its a warrenty job or something.

I have run into this also in the past. Not only from Supra, but Mastercraft, Rinker, Cobalt, ect. Production always comes before parts sales. It sucks. I have had some warranty jobs though which picked the parts from production runs. good luck Al

Boat repairs are a minimun 3 weeks, from the time they approve the warranty repair (not in your case here), to getting the parts shipped and scheduling an appointment to have it repaired. Does not surprise SC would prioritize a production boat over a customer order. Even though the boat will sit at the dealer, the dealer has to purchase it from SC and they get instant $$$ when it leaves there door.

My rudder had a hairline crack last year and took three weeks to repair it, and this was in November after the season was over. Its frustrating, way different than the automotive world.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

It just sucks because I tried to stay on top of it. The first day it was in I had a quote and a approval from my insurance and he was ordering parts and tearing it down the first day. The only hang up was SC. All the fiberglass work is done and all parts are out of it just waiting on the new parts.
    But tomorrow I'm sicking my wife on them so I'm expecting it to get taking care of ha ha.

Your dealer should have other sources for parts other than Skiers Choice. Have them check those.

The only thing he brought up was reapiring the parts. To me that's just asking for trouble. Where else can you go other then SC.

The major commercial aircraft manufacturing firm I work for has two completely separate streams of parts and part ordering systems, one for production, and one for spares, simply to keep that kind of event from ever happening. Unfourtunatly this kind of overhead is not a reasonable expectation for a boat manufacturer I am sure. Quite possibly your dealer did learn that parts were in stock, but there is know way to know when someone will walk to the shelf to grab one for the production line. So without the demand of an actual order, those parts were probably never alocated to you, and production beat you to it. Form the manufacturers position, protecting the delivery commitments is very important to keep the cash flowing. Production will always trump spares for that reason.
    Rick Ludtke
    1990 Supra Pirata
    1987 Supra Comp TS6M
    Photo Album https://forum.supraboats.com/album.php?albumid=4

Quote Originally Posted by venom93corba View Post
    It just sucks because I tried to stay on top of it. The first day it was in I had a quote and a approval from my insurance and he was ordering parts and tearing it down the first day. The only hang up was SC. All the fiberglass work is done and all parts are out of it just waiting on the new parts.
    But tomorrow I'm sicking my wife on them so I'm expecting it to get taking care of ha ha.
    That really does stink, as someone else mentioned try a different supplier. I am sure SC uses many of the same components as other wakeboard boats that are interchangeable with Supra.

Sorry again you are having hold ups, hopefully they can get on it quickly for you.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV