Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 21V Tower set screw?

M y tower has been squeeking like a stuck pig when in choppy water....traced it to the right front foot where there is a small allen wrench set screw about 1/4 x1/4". looked at other feet and the screws were missing.......anyone with a 21v notice this??????

pic or missing set screw
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Sorry I couldn't help, thats totally different then my tower.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Doc,

I have lost one of them a well on my tower, but it was on the back
    leg, drivers side (same side where I now have the rubber pad coming 'out').

I bought about 8 of them from Fastenal and keep them in a bag on the boat,
    "just in case" -- but I have also now added checking them for tightness
    to my routine.

When I can get out there, I will see if the bag they are in has a part number
    on it.

Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Todd, I'm wondering if they actualy do anything as they are pretty wimpy as far as holding the tower. was thinking the just helped during installation,

on a sidenote ,got my sky ski rack on ...sweet swivel rack.....and after about 2 hours of riding i can fly for aweebit of a distance......i started out wth no rear shim then went to alot to reduce lift and am now down to adime atthe very back of the wing, which willbecoming soon i expect......wow are these things ever sensitive ....they are like women
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

My tower also sounds like a stuck pig in choppy water. I tightened all those small set screws and it did not help. I'm not sure those set screws do anything.
    2009 Supra Launch 24 -Gravity Games

I have replaced the rear pads twice and fronts once on my 2005 22 SSV cause they keep sliding out. Anyone have a solution for keeping the pads in place? I keep the mounting bolts tight. The adhesive that comes on them seems pretty good when they go on, but it is only on one side of the pad. Anyone try putting something on the top side that would make contact with the tower?
    2005 22 SSV GG

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    M y tower has been squeeking like a stuck pig when in choppy water....traced it to the right front foot where there is a small allen wrench set screw about 1/4 x1/4". looked at other feet and the screws were missing.......anyone with a 21v notice this??????

pic or missing set screw
    Doc,

I had some squeeking on my tower and sprayed a little WD-40 in all the hinge areas where the tower folds down and it took care of it, might want to consider giving this a try.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    I have replaced the rear pads twice and fronts once on my 2005 22 SSV cause they keep sliding out. Anyone have a solution for keeping the pads in place? I keep the mounting bolts tight. The adhesive that comes on them seems pretty good when they go on, but it is only on one side of the pad. Anyone try putting something on the top side that would make contact with the tower?
    Are the pads not thick enough or am I misunderstanding you? Could you double up the pads? Mine is sandwhiched in there pretty good. I had a tough time getting it pulled back under when it slid out a bit.

I replaced them cause they slid out so far they ripped threw one of the screw holes. With only three holes, they alwasy seem to slide to the outside. I guess I could have prevented needing new ones by addressing the issue sooner. Still wondering how they move around so much.
    2005 22 SSV GG

Quote Originally Posted by tg0824SSVGG View Post
    Doc,

I have lost one of them a well on my tower, but it was on the back
    leg, drivers side (same side where I now have the rubber pad coming 'out').

I bought about 8 of them from Fastenal and keep them in a bag on the boat,
    "just in case" -- but I have also now added checking them for tightness
    to my routine.

When I can get out there, I will see if the bag they are in has a part number
    on it.

Todd

Todd,
    Do you recall which set screws you bought from Fastenal? I'm missing one on my 2008 21V.

Thanks!