Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brostock 2011

Default Brostock 2011

Anybody going? I think we had this discussion before, but I thought I'd bring it back up. I'm thinking about going, and taking my boat. Having a hard time finding anyone to give info on where to stay, etc. I'll be driving 6 hours to get there on Friday the 24th, then going home on Sunday morning.

If anyone is going or is from that area, give me some info please!!
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

We went to a get together in NC at the first of the month. 330 miles each way. Between towing and boat gas we spent between 450 and 500 for fuel plus motel. I dont see anymore trips in the future especially with lake Lanier in my back yard.

We have a group going this year from Texas, with another group from Arkansas.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Any insight on lodging Dusty?
    My Install Gallery

I'm along for the ride on this one, KG can give you some insight, I'm sure he will post up shortly when he sees this. He booked a cabin on the lake somewhere isolated.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Brostock 2011 is June 24-26.

Bel Arco is the hotel that was "homebase" last year. They had the introductions, awards ceremonies, and little gatherings each night there.

Bel Arco will be the spot to try to book first. From there, you will have to drive over to Bull Shoals Lake Boat Dock which is right down the highway. Less than 5 minute drive. That is where you will put in. I don't know if they take reservations ahead of time (have to call) but last year we were able to rent a slip for $10 a night.

There is another hotel right at the entrance to Bull Shoals Lake Boat Dock but I don't know the name of that one. It would be fine if you are not interested in being right at the nightly events.

If you plan to drive over to the nightly events, don't even think about drinking and driving. This was heavily enforced last year and was their biggest concern. I believe they even had the entrance/exit to Bel Arco setup as a road block/check point.

I do not know the status on houseboat rentals. Last year I think Liquid Force tried to rent all of them but I am not sure.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

^ Copied that thread from another. Hopefully that answers some of the questions.

I would probably start at bel arco. If they don't have rooms they can give you the phone numbers to other close locations. There are only a few other hotels in the area.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

I went last year.
    Everything was based out of the hotel above and the Bull shouls boat dock.
    Last year we decided to go a month from the date and could not get rooms for 20 people around bull shoals so we camped at the bull shoals marina. If you went last year i had the red school bus that was about 200' from the boat dock.

I would say you want to be in the town of bull shoals if you want to be around everything.

This year we rented at brass door motel it is the one at the top of the hill by the marina.

I have a orange 07 Lunch 21V if you are around say hi.

Jonathan Wolff

07 Lunch 21v

The guy taking care of the hotel situation today said that someone called and their's a room that opened up, so it looks like we'll be there. Not sure just yet where we'll be, but I think it's pretty close to the event. I'll find out in the next few days.

Just look for this

My Install Gallery

I'll be keeping my eye out. We might stop by and say hello if we see you out.

Are those the rev8's or 10's? I'm assuming 8's if you got that many to fit?
    2006 Supra 24SSV