Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default What would you pay for my boat?

Hey guys, I'm just interested in what people would pay for my boat. I'm having trouble deciding whether or not it's worth it to sell it now or not. Just looking for some kind of idea on what someone who appreciates these kind of boats would pay for it.

The boat is a 1985 Supra Sun Sport. It's black with custom blue and pink striping running the length of the boat. There's absolutely no evidence of the old wave logo showing through on the boat. There are no issues with the hull, the stringers were all professionally replaced around 6 years ago. The interior is immaculate, aboslutely no tears or cuts in the vinyl and no stains. It has a 351 pcm in it with 800 hours that starts EVERY time cold. Runs like a top. 3 blade 13x13 prop. 1 season old Aerial Airborne tower with two racks, mirror, and two polk audio bullet speakers. Four Sony speakers inside the boat with MTX 4 channel 100 watt amp and a JVC 12 inch sub. JVC head unit with remote. All gauges work perfect, all lights work perfectly. Open bow, with bow cover, custom snap-on cover, throw cover, stock bimini top, and black bumpers. Comes with trailer.

There's really nothing wrong with this thing, I love the boat and love the hours I've been able to put on it this summer. Throws a fantastic wake and surf wake and works great for slalom also. Tons of storage and tons of room for people with the tower.

Let me know guys, thanks for the help!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chrisk; 07-27-2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: typo

please keep in mind it hadn't been waxed in a while in this photo. Since then it's been cleaned and waxed and is shining nicely.

I would ask $12,500 and it's TOTALLY worth it! Oh and freaking GORGEOUS boat!
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Thanks Mikey, I owe most of that to the guy that owned it before me (stringers, interior maintenance, striping), I'm doing my best to keep it in good shape though. The guy sold it to me in near perfect condition and then I put the tower on it and I'm real happy with the way it came out.

i wouldnt pay 12'5 but wouldnt sell it for no less lol very nice boat .shouldnt have any trouble getting rid of it for 10 grand

Based on year...I'd say 10k is about right...but that being said, I'd try more like 12k-13k first. Problem is that your boat is definitely worth 12k+...but you need to find someone smart enough to know that and not just base it against what they consider "comparable" in the US boat market.

Why are you selling it?

Yeah that's why I wanted to ask everyone on here what they would pay, because people on a Supra forum will obviously know what it's worth rather than someone else. I'm not selling it for sure, I've just been considering it because I'd really like to get a V-drive and I'll be the first to tell you that the longer you own the boat the faster it declines in value... we'll see though, I might keep this baby until it dies, don't know quite yet.

Anyone else have a different opinion?

Well...it depends on your reason for wanting a vdrive. Do you have money to burn, is it a status upgrade, is the wake not adequate?

Personally, I'd rather have an older boat that I've put time and effort into that rivals a boat worth 50k for a quarter the price. Just being able to afford a new boat is nowhere close to as impressive as having taken an old one and made it bad ass!

I'm just looking at V-drives for the convenience factor, I love the comfort they give you and everybody in your boat. Plus, like I said before my current boat isn't getting any younger and no matter how much care you take it's going to start falling apart with as much as I use it (I've put around 80 hours on it just since the middle of May). I don't think there's any shame in getting a newer boat if you plan on taking just as much care for it and keeping it for years. 10 years from now a 2000-something v-drive will be close to a 20 year old boat and have the same effect on people as my boat now does. I'm not capable of buying any sort of 50k boat, I'm just looking for something reasonably priced to upgrade to and keep for a while.

I would say one thing that you should consider. If you sell it, write your ad very detailed in nature explaining all the things that have been done to it to make it "restored". That will even get the uninformed guys thinking and interested.