Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

7,500 is what i would feel comfortable paying for it, i would list it at 9,000.
    heres the nada:http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...6&gc=MR&gtc=MR

the extra several hundred is for the tower and racks, it's the game anyone who over pays for there boat is being to emotional,
    sorry, forgot,, when i sell a boat, car, and any other vehicle i base my price on the blue book value. which is a value based on what the that item has recently sold in your area. i don't pay to use the blue book, so i cant pull u up one right know, i have a friend who subscribes and he helps me out.
    the universal trick to selling anything is set a high price and wait for someone STUPID!!!
    in the current economy everything is selling at wholesale price not not above retail, no matter what anyone does to a boat it is only worth so much, aka, probably 7500

I rather think KBB Gives a fair price
    Last edited by edgewater1; 07-28-2010 at 01:34 PM.

No that's good, that's why I posted this up here, to get a lot of opinions on it.

I do know that seller emotions come into play a lot, people forget that they aren't selling anything more than a boat. The memories and hard work aren't included in the price.

However, sites like NADA and KBB are values given from computer generated databases that assume things like wear and tear and don't take into account that ski/wakeboard boats like this are more sought after than other kind of boats. They merely see 20ft. standard boat and assume it's the same as a Rinker, Bayliner, or any other manufacturer. The nice thing about these boats is that there is a very different, specific market for them with people willing to pay above standard values.

THAT SAID, I would have guessed around the 8-9k range anyways. Numbers above 10k kind of surprised me.

Its probably cheaper to keep her.

You know this boat from stem to stern, you know what she still needs, and how badly she may or may not need it. A new boat (either new or used) starts the learning process all over again.

This boat has a lot of good years left in her, more usage than the re-sell dollars reflect. I think she has more value in utilization than what she could be sold for on the used market. Your asking price will compete with boats much newer, and buyers will be much more comfortable buying the newer boat, even if it isn't necessarily the better boat. This is a shame because she is a really beautiful boat.

I vote for keeping her.
    Rick Ludtke
    1990 Supra Pirata
    1987 Supra Comp TS6M
    Photo Album https://forum.supraboats.com/album.php?albumid=4

good point rludtke, that seemed pretty sensical

I dunno I would kinda argue that it is worth more than $7.5. You have to remember that NADA values are no trailer and also for only average condition. Average condition is not very good. I have seen boats prices at $3500 and they are not in very good condition at all!

When I bought my boat it was in all-original, near-flawless condition. Everything was stock, there were some mods (hydrolic wake plate, electronic ignition, etc), the vinyl was original, still soft and no tears. Hull is nearly scratch free and less that 500 hours. I paid $7500 for this. If I sold my heavily modded 87 right now I would probably not go below 10.5 but I would list her for 12 probably.

I suppose since yours is an 85 that might be a bit high for yours.
    Last edited by 87SunSportMikeyD; 08-04-2010 at 11:30 AM.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

it's a boat. i know we all love our supra's, but it's just a boat. for the most part boats are only worth so much,
    A large factor is the economy,everything is selling for WHOLE SALE, not retail. right now i would take an offer for a boat you might not get another, and when you reject that offer, that offer will not be valid for long.

now my reconsidered opinion:, start at 7.5 + trailer.. at 8.5ish(i dont like to pay anything for Boats/cars even if there worth more)

trailers are a funny thing,not having a trailer devalues a boat a lot , but when you have one it is not a large price jump.

My boat was listed at 5k(91 supra sunpsort with composite stringers)
    the trailer- destroyed -2000
    not running -1000
    Beat up -400
    i paid 1.6,i put in about $400
    Found out my engine is blown
    so i have 2k in it , and plan on spending about 3-4k on a new/rebuilt engine.
    so i still feel ahead of the game, if i plan to sell it when i'm done i would list at 7.5k, i would take an offer of 5.5-6k, if no one was willing to pay at least 5.5k i would wait and someone stupid would find it and love it and pay me 5.5k+.
    But i plan to keep the boat for the next 20-30 years,

KEEEP YOURR BOATTT!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by edgewater1 View Post
    it's a boat. i know we all love our supra's, but it's just a boat. for the most part boats are only worth so much,
    A large factor is the economy,everything is selling for WHOLE SALE, not retail. right now i would take an offer for a boat you might not get another, and when you reject that offer, that offer will not be valid for long.

now my reconsidered opinion:, start at 7.5 + trailer.. at 8.5ish(i dont like to pay anything for Boats/cars even if there worth more)

trailers are a funny thing,not having a trailer devalues a boat a lot , but when you have one it is not a large price jump.

My boat was listed at 5k(91 supra sunpsort with composite stringers)
    the trailer- destroyed -2000
    not running -1000
    Beat up -400
    i paid 1.6,i put in about $400
    Found out my engine is blown
    so i have 2k in it , and plan on spending about 3-4k on a new/rebuilt engine.
    so i still feel ahead of the game, if i plan to sell it when i'm done i would list at 7.5k, i would take an offer of 5.5-6k, if no one was willing to pay at least 5.5k i would wait and someone stupid would find it and love it and pay me 5.5k+.
    But i plan to keep the boat for the next 20-30 years,

KEEEP YOURR BOATTT!!!!!!!!
    I hate to say it but I hang up on people whole start blabing about nada or kbb,
    I sold my 1990 powerplay 454 boat for 6k over nada because of the condition of it w/ a busted windshield and I sold my celebrity status 350 mag for 5k over nada because it was in great condition and the people who bought it was the first to look at it and they looked around and said they couldn't find nothing as nice! and it was a 93 ! and to top it off I sold my 95 seadoo spx jet ski for 900 when it was blown up and nada was 1000$ for it running! Once again it was in great shape!

When people look at your boat and its in great shape, Tell them to shop around and see if they find anything else, Especially with supra's because around my area they are rare esp in good shape They always come back! when you got something rare and they want it then it will be sold!

oh yeah, I want to see some more pictures of that boat!

Edge I would say you got a really great deal on your boat. Most people won't be quite so lucky.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

even with a blown engine