Hybrid View

Default cheap weight I need this weekend...

Trying to find some cheap weight to add to my 2 450lb sacs for this weekend, trying to find some big jugs to hold water so I don't have to tow lead or concrete 8 hrs away....any thoughts??? Walmart has a 6 gallon jug for 10 bucks. Any idea what 6 gallons/23liters weighs?????
    90 Conbrio

A gallon of water weighs 8.35 lbs, or something to that effect

So those Walmart jug's would border on 50lb's......good stuff, thanks Scott. Wish I was down in Az with you and Shane, seems like some goodtimes to be had down there.......
    90 Conbrio

How about those big 50 gal "Brute" trashcans with snap on lids? Just a thought...
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Quote Originally Posted by sybrmike View Post
    How about those big 50 gal "Brute" trashcans with snap on lids? Just a thought...
    ya sum'tin like that, I need another 5-600 lb's and I don't have the time or money to get the bags ordered for this weekend...
    90 Conbrio

I used rocks from a dam before. Pulled up loaded boat hit the wake. I also have used sand bags from Lowes. The tubes for traction in truck beds etc. Cheap weight. I also tried water bed tubes from walmart. I still used John Deere tractor weights. I get compliments on the green all the time. I also have used kegs. But eventually they dont weigh much. I also used plastic bins with used tire weights in them from a tire shop, worked good very heavy. I also poured concrete into plastic bins worked good and cheap also. These are just what I tried. My favorite so far was the damn rocks, they were abundent, and just get more as needed. They are now placed in my landscaping for good memories.

Go with the Wally World jugs. @56 lbs a piece. Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images