Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

I used to get the big bottle of Arrogant Bastard so it was a little more reasonable cost wise. I like getting beer with cool bottles to display too. Speaking of good beer and cool bottles...

If your wife likes cool bottles, one fun thing to do is get a wine that has a cool bottle. Once the wine is gone, go buy one of the stopper pouring spouts like they use in the bar and fill the bottle with dish soap, then put it on the counter next to the kitchen sink.

I had the 20 oz. bottle of arrogant in my hand for a while, but dang, it was still $6+, I was having a definite moment of cheapness.....or, I knew it'd go down in 30 seconds, and thought I was better served throwing down a 6-er of M. Lite

I like the idea about the wine bottle, buuuutttt, the indoor kitchen is too clean/kept/proper, so she wouldn't let a wine bottle fly on the counter by the sink. The outdoors is where we get to unwind and cut loose. Let's see..... how can an empty wine bottle serve us after it's original life...
    salt and pepper shakers were handmade by one of my daughters as a fathers day gift - so that's out.... if it's a shorty bottle - maybe fill it with spices for the que.....sauces - but they you'd have to refer it....spittoon - now that's just gross

Quote Originally Posted by ScottnAz View Post
    I had the 20 oz. bottle of arrogant in my hand for a while, but dang, it was still $6+, I was having a definite moment of cheapness.....or, I knew it'd go down in 30 seconds, and thought I was better served throwing down a 6-er of M. Lite

I like the idea about the wine bottle, buuuutttt, the indoor kitchen is too clean/kept/proper, so she wouldn't let a wine bottle fly on the counter by the sink. The outdoors is where we get to unwind and cut loose. Let's see..... how can an empty wine bottle serve us after it's original life...
    salt and pepper shakers were handmade by one of my daughters as a fathers day gift - so that's out.... if it's a shorty bottle - maybe fill it with spices for the que.....sauces - but they you'd have to refer it....spittoon - now that's just gross
    Too easy! Fill em up with citronella an use em to keep bugs away. All you need is some oil and wicks.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Here's a pic of a kegerator i just installed in a pool house we built. It was sweet 15 inch wide fridge holds a 5 gallon keg. We had a 30 inch limitation and they wanted the kegerator and a beverage fridge. Found this perlick fridge.. thing cost a grip but worked out well..

Finally picked up my new weber today. Ran by the butcher's shop on the way home and picked up about ten pounds of meat. Here's the first batch of it, and the first time grilling with my new toy.

Mani,

Making me HUNGRY!!!
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Popz, that's a lot of stuff crammed in to the space, but looks nice and functional.

Look how shiny and new that grill is.....purdy! Give us more info, which model did you decide on? Lets see a full pic of that sexy thang.

Tonight's menu was;
    steak marinaded in Stubb's beef marinade for 2 hours
    beef ribs seasoned with Three little pigs BBQ rub and AZ Hatch seasoning, topped with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
    broiled corn
    chopped potatoes grilled with veggies

Beer was/is Miller Lite. I need to order some beer line cleaner for my keg lines before I pick up my next keg(s). I need to put that on the front burner though, high school football starts next weekend and we're walking distance to our Alma mater, which is the same school our daughter goes to now. I just love to remind her that her dad's picture is hanging in the gym and anytime she feels lonely she can just wander in there.....

Stubb's and Sweet Baby Rays always have a place in my pantry. Good choice, and it's sounds awesome.

What did you get your picture up for? Football?

Highschool football around here is taken very serious. Plano had a great team a couple of years ago and I went to a bunch of games. We ranked #8 in the rivals ranking, but last year we didn't even makes top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    What did you get your picture up for? Football?
    Yep, football!!! (I made it to the "paying" ranks of the game) My wife calls me Al Bundy because I'm always talking about the "5 TD passes in a game"..... Back in the day, we were top 5 in the Nation at one point. Which, as you know, and being from Texas, that is a huge deal, especially for a school from AZ. Texas is an entirely different level and enthusiasm for high school football than most states. The top AZ high school football coach from the 80's/early 90's moved to Texas to try and make a name for himself....... he returned to Arizona after 3 season's with his tail between his legs. TX football is no-joke.

Hey Mani, shoot me a PM with your address, I want to send you a couple spices/sauces to try out.