Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

If you made it into the bed fully clothed, you're good. No reports from the neighbors of you going streaking right?

Here's the latest for me...finally got a chance to do some bbq since the move. It's been hectic. I got a variety pack of Sam Adams (Black Lager, Irish Red and Coastal Wheat). All great beers. Cooked a pork shoulder on the smoker and also did some onions and cheese stuffed tomatoes. Good stuff!

I'm going to do a couple chickens here in a week or two with some friends. I'll probably brine them and either cook them on the smoker or indirect on the charcoal. I'll make sure I get some beer and food shots on those, as well.

Looks GREAT!
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

The place my wife works (a fitness center) has been moving to a new facility for
    the last month -- it's been crunch time and we've worked ALL last week and weekend
    getting things ready. I took them all a healthier lunch today (they've been eating
    pizza and crap, just easy stuff).

2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

I cooked my first thing of chili and it was awesome so now im looking to cook up some ribs..

Im looking for some good old home made bbq rib recipes and this thread seems like we got the best of the best!

Does anybody else cook them in a over first then grill them? Whats your method? I only have a big 4 burner stainless grill and an electric oven so bare with me!
    Last edited by dshaff24; 09-06-2010 at 10:34 PM.

Looks yummy and healthy!

With just a gas grill and an oven - I'd season em up liberally (to make up for lack of charcoal or smoke), then sear them real good (all sides and ends) over a hot hot grate (infrared if you've got it on the gasser) to seal the juices in, then wrap tight in aluminum foil and finish off for a few hours @ ~325 in the oven. My neighbor (no smoker) uses this method & they fall off the bone.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Ribs are tricky sometimes, a lot of trial and error. If there's one thing to remember, it's "slow and low"

1st option is low and indirect heat for a couple hours. Indirect heat to avoid flare-ups. Use the top rack of the grill, or have the outside burners on with the ribs in the middle.

2nd option is to put them in the oven @ 250 for an hour, then finish em' up on the grill @ about 300 for an hour.

I've screwed up my share of ribs, and certainly haven't figured out the secrets to perfect ribs. I have been talkin' "rib cooking" with a good buddy of mine that now lives in OK (he's a sooner boy, but I don't hold it against him ), and he makes some damn good one's!! We send each other grillin-text's every weekend, so here's his from this past weekend

Yeah, ribs are tricky with a grill, but the suggestions so far are good. You could also keep them on the grill wrapped in the foil after searing and also set a smoker box in there and keep filling it with wood chips for a good smoky flavor.

Scott,

Where is your buddy at in OK?

Wow, I've missed some good ideas being in Missouri for the past week. Sounds like I need to run by the butcher's and the beer store to try some of this stuff out.