Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Waterproof digital camera

Anyone have a recommendation for a cheaper waterproof digital camera? looking to pick one up soon...
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

I have the GO PRO HD, It takes amazing pictures... But you have to be 2-5 feet away, You can buy different lenses for it but what a pain... (I know in gonna get a rashing from some of these guys) I dont recomend it...

I just bought my wife an Olympus Stylus Tough 8000. $250 bucks online, 12mp waterproof up to 30 ft and drop proof up to 6 feet. Pretty nice camera and takes great pics. It is definitely going to the boat camera from here on out.
    2005 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Semper Fidelis

We picked up one of these for a cruise we went on last April and it has really surprised us. Pictures are pretty good, but the video is amazing.
    http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-.../ref=de_a_smtd
    2005 22 SSV GG

If you already have a camera, check to see if there's a waterproof housing made specifically for it. I had a Canon G9 and decided I wanted it to be waterproof. Just so happens they made a housing for it so I picked it up. It was nice because I could use all of the functions on the camera while it was in the case PLUS it FLOATED from all of the air caught in the housing. Also, I know Kodak makes a really cheap waterproof camera that is supposed to take HD video... don't know much more about it though...

Quote Originally Posted by TayTay View Post
    I just bought my wife an Olympus Stylus Tough 8000. $250 bucks online, 12mp waterproof up to 30 ft and drop proof up to 6 feet. Pretty nice camera and takes great pics. It is definitely going to the boat camera from here on out.

ya that the point and shoot we use on and in the water, but I also use the d5000 nikon dslr for the real nice shots

Go Pro HD will be your best friend in the water, I am using it more than a year and the pictures are fantastic.

Olympus walmart online. $200

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks. The camera shoots great video and comes with editing software which really does pretty good.

The camera is a Kodak Playsport (shoots 1080p and is waterproof to 3 meters)

http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsu...Name=PLAYSPORT

I mount it on a Delkin Fat Gecko which is crazy strong and easy to attach and remove.

http://www.delkin.com/products/acces...fat-gecko.html
    __________________________________________________ _____________

I copied this from on the wakesurfing threads. I have the same one. It takes better video than pics but the pics are pretty good. Only $150 at Best Buy. I would recomend to everyone. Check out the thread for the video he posted on vimeo with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    88 Supra Comp ts6m

I have no experience with this model but the price is right.

http://family.1saleaday.com/
    2005 22 SSV GG