Default 2005 21V - good boat??

I'm looking at a few different 2005 21V's. Just wanted to get some opinion's on the boat. What's the wake like? The only Supra's I've ridden behind have been older direct driver (I think it was a sun sport).

Any known mechanical issues or problems to watch out for on these? Any thing a potential buyer should be aware of?

Thanks

I have an "06, which should be roughly the same. The wake on this boat is pretty steep, and it likes weight up front - more so than in the back. Once you get used to the steep wake, you learn to like it.

The engine in this boat is pushed pretty far back, which makes maintenance a pain. It is very tight back there.

I have had no specific problems, other than the not so great ballast design, and the push pins on the racks - which was a problem with every model..

I will say, if you are used to direct-drives, this is sort of a pig to drive. It is pretty wide, and nowhere near as much fun to drive as a direct-drive. That is probably being picky. The boat does what it was designed to do (wakeboarding) VERY well.

Still one of my favorite boats by Supra, the 21v is one of my favorite wakes. It's steep as hell, like running up a wall, but pop is basically effortless. You just have to get your timing right and there is no question where to pop, I've never been booted by my 24SSV as easily as I got booted behind my buddy's 21v. Love my 24 wake, but that 21 is hard to compete with. I never had any issues with driving it, it seemed like any other v-drive to me. Nothing is really as easy to drive as a direct drive, all v-drives take some time to learn, the 21 doesn't seem to be any different from them. The poster before me is correct about the racks though, those pins could jam on the '05's.
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV

The 2005 21V hull is pretty much the same as an older sunsport hull but with the engine in the back. The wake should be pretty close to what you have experienced with a sunsport. nice boat.
    2009 Supra Launch 24 -Gravity Games

Thanks for all the feedback. I do remember the wake on the sunsport being really steep - definitely took some getting used to.

Had an 05 Mobius LSV that was a fantastic crossover boat for skiing, wake boarding etc. The downside is that the fit and finish certainly was below par and can not compare to my 09 22SSV. But all in all it was a really good boat that was easy to trailer.

Smile

I own a 2005 Launch 21v and LOVE it! I have put 500+ hours on it in the last 3 years and it runs like a champ. I have not had any major mechanical issues with the boat. I do all the maintenance myself and it is super easy to work on. And- If you replace the stock ballast with a 750lbs bag in the back it will throw one of the best surf waves I have ever been on. Enjoy!

Mike

What's the ballast setup like on these boats? Is it one through-hull or multiple? How many pumps are there, and what type are they (aerator or reversible)? How hard is it to upgrade the ballast?

One pump to fill all 3 bags and each bag has a pump to empty.

To upgrade see if you can pick up another stock front sac and replace the rear bags with those. Then put a Gravity Games front sac in the front. That will give you 650 + 650 + 1180 = 2480 pounds of totally hidden ballast, the front middle cushion does pop up a bit if totally full, that just clips into the existing hoses. For just wakeboarding you probably are fine not updating the rear.

How high are the seat's in the 21v.
    From the floor to the butt seat?
    and how high are the freeboards?