Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What Extra Parts Do you Carry On Your Boat?

I was just curious what extra parts you carry on your boat for those quick emergency fixes? I have been boating alot of years and the following is what I have learned to carry:

Tool Set that has most emergency tools and then some

Extra Belts for motor
    Fuel Filter
    Duct Tape
    Pair of Panty Hose (if a hose breaks wrap the panty hose around it then wrap with duct tape it will get you home)
    Oil
    Transmission Fluid
    Jumper Cables
    Emergency Power Pack Jumper Cables
    Extra Fuses
    Tow Rope
    JB Weld

Just trying to figure out if there is anything I should start carrying in the boat.

A full set of sockets, SAE and Metric, starting fluid, Jumper cables, lots of rope, cell phone, paddle, carb cleaner, matches/lighter, extra battery

I always carry an extra Impeller. I've never had to change it on the water but you never know.
    1989 Supra SunSport | ACME 480 Prop. | 13th Floor Tower

Impeller (and gasket), first aid kit, flashlight, basic tools, tons of life vests, and a cell phone. Oh, and extra laces for my wakeboard just in case one breaks.
    2009 Supra Launch 24 -Gravity Games

.SupraTAMU...... Not only can you use the panty hose for what you said..... you can also use it for an emergency belt . Learned that one a long time ago with my chevelle. Works good enuff to get ya home
    Brack
    1984 Supra Rider
    454 / 1:1 trans
    213 Hours !!
    " work in progress "

I carry many items mentioned above, plus xtra wire, needle nose pliers, linesman pliers, side cutting pliers, multi screwdriver, hammer, allen wrenches, electricians tape, stubby philips and flat screwdriver, channel locks, high temp quick dry underwater epoxy, wire strippers, zip ties, flashlight and most important, toilet paper. This set up has saved me countless times and others as well. I like to be prepared.

Goggles and a razor blade just in case you get the rope caught on the prop. Goggles help as well when having to "re-adjust" the paddle wheel.
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

Some of yall roll DEEEEEPPPP. Got me wondering if i should take more out. I usually carry a jumper cables, flashlight, couple screwdrivers, knife, and allen wrench set. And a tsunami pump, it doubles as a tool.

If i breakdown i guess im dependent on others kindness to tow me in. I of course have a cell phone on the boat and most of the time know someone else on the water, or have the marinas phone number saved.

I take out a few screw drivers, wire cutters, pliers, knife, Tsunami pump and a jumper pack. Other than that I got Lake Tow's number in my phone along with a yearly membership.
    Last edited by Mani; 08-10-2010 at 12:23 PM.

KG -- I spend a fair amount of time at lakes where there is "no one to call" - and if you could, they probably wouldn't hear you - like at Lake Powell.

You have to have the stuff to be at least able to get the boat to somewhere the VHF radio will work (no cell service -- this is a REMOTE place in the desert).

I have a lot of hte same stuff people list, but one thing I don't generally have - but will
    get before I go again is a spare belt.

Full tool kit - then some.
    Spare impellor
    spare bilge pump
    spare oil filter
    oil
    tranny fluid
    (need to bring v-drive oil too)

Lots of other little things, like the duct tape, tye wraps, extra fuses, electrical tape,
    electrical crimp connectors, spare wire -- etc.

Todd
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.