Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks for your input I will probably be adding a few other things based on the feedback. Luckily we have Sea Tow on our lake so I did join that just in case. Typically when I have had issues it was either the belt broke or a hose split so now it is a pretty easy fix since I have the items to fix it to get me home. The previous boat i owned had twin engines so if something went wrong you were able to get home on the other engine which was nice to have that extra motor. Maybe Supra should come out with a twin engine it would make a heck of a wake. Usually not a problem getting a tow from somebody but then there are those days when you are out on the lake during cooler months when there is nobody else on the lake those are the days that worry me. Just remember to stop and help anybody who is broke down or needs a tow for if you own a boat you will need help one day it's just a matter of time.

A few years ago I gave a tow to a couple and there two kids who ran out of gas, and towed them to the marina, the whole time we were towing them we could not help but laugh for his wife was chewing him out the whole way.

SupraTamu, did you go slow on purpose then? ("the whole time we were towing them we could not help but laugh for his wife was chewing him out the whole way"?)

$20 auto tool kit that has 100+ items (wally world). While not the greatest quality, it has been used more than I thought.
    5200 sealant.
    Fuses.
    Light bulbs for bow/stern lights.
    Flashlight.
    Lighter.
    Zip ties.
    Knife.
    Channel lock and plumber wrench for tightening packing nut.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

Cell phone and beer. If i get stuck i call someone to get me and drink while I wait.

zip ties -tool kit - tape - cell phone - impeller

I've found "Gorilla Tape" works better in the wet than good ole duct tape.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Quote Originally Posted by dfred View Post
    Cell phone and beer. If i get stuck i call someone to get me and drink while I wait.
    Now, that's funny right there.

I carry a small tool kit and a few miscellaneous items. I also have jumper cables and make sure to have the number for lake patrol. Some of the items y'all listed seem like worthwhile items to add. A lot of times I just grab a plastic tote and throw a few extra tools or items in for the day.

When u guys say impeller do you mean prop?

Nope - the impeller is what goes into the raw water pump (pulls water from the lake
    to cool your engine)...

Here is a sample one (not the correct one, but the only image I could find)

2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar18 View Post
    Goggles and a razor blade just in case you get the rope caught on the prop. Goggles help as well when having to "re-adjust" the paddle wheel.
    I keep a pair of swim goggles and a very sharp lockback 4" knife, that I with a loop of string connected to it to secure it to my wrist. This is very helpful when you have to go under the boat to cut away the rope when it gets wrapped around the prop (I've only had to do that twice now...)
    Rick Ludtke
    1990 Supra Pirata
    1987 Supra Comp TS6M
    Photo Album https://forum.supraboats.com/album.php?albumid=4

I also have had to untangle my prop. My fishin' buddy decided to throw the anchor and tie of to the back of the boat with massive amounts of slack in the line. It took several dives without goggles to get it untangled. Luckly it had only wrapped itself around a few times and gotten around all three blades. Fairly easy to untangle, but I'm a smoker, so my lung capacity isn't up to par.

Goggles are a must.