Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GO PRO HD Video

Are you thinking about buying one too Dusty?

Has anyone compared it to the kodak waterproof camera? A buddy bought one of those but i havent done all the research as to which is better.

Does anyone mount this on the boat, opposed to on the rider?

Yeah, I think we would really enjoy having one. Doubt I will be able to get it before labor day, but I may try.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    For you guys that have one, What setup are you buying and where have you found the best deals?

If you are using the helmet cam, can you post a few pics of the actual setup and mounting?
    I have purchased a total of 4 all from ebay, I have found the best prices there.

I mount them to my snowboard helmet with the head mount strap(pic below). I now use a small tether in case it fall off(my first is 10,000ft somewhere in the Wasatch mountain range).

I also strap them to my leg, mount it directly to my snowboard and surfboard so it faces forward or back towards the rider, I have a chest strap and also mount it directly to the boats. The possibilities are endless. I think they're awesome, but remember the picture quality in only good for few feet.

On my helmet

The chest strap

Quote Originally Posted by KY Steve View Post
    but remember the picture quality in only good for few feet.
    I'm assuming this means it would be pointless to mount on the boat to film wakeboarding but what about surfing? Maybe if it was mounted on the swim deck or beside the layout deck? Do you think that would be close enough?

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Has anyone compared it to the kodak waterproof camera? A buddy bought one of those but i havent done all the research as to which is better.

Does anyone mount this on the boat, opposed to on the rider?
    Cant really compare it to a standard digital camera because the gopro is only good for a few feet. When its mounted to the boat you loose some detail the farther you're focal point is, its ok but a digital camera can zoom in.

Here is a really quick vid in HD to show you the detail of the rider, we're using a 60' tow rope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTZ1Mdf4g3k

I upload it to Vimeo also but waiting in line for it to become available.

Quote Originally Posted by KY Steve View Post
    Here is a really quick vid in HD to show you the detail of the rider, we're using a 60' tow rope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTZ1Mdf4g3k

I upload it to Vimeo also but waiting in line for it to become available.
    Vimeo link

I'll have to check these out when i get home. Thanks, though.

I have a digital camera i think would work good to mount to the tower (if i could find a cheap way to do it) but i was thinking it would be cool to have something waterproof to get some different angles.

KG, and with this, you can use the helmet strap-mount that is included to pretty-easily mount to the tower... I shot some that came out looking good.

And sorry for the plug, but if anybody is interested, my barely-used HD GoPro Hero will be for sale next week. I bought it in May for a first-person video project that I should be finished with on Sunday. I have the surfboard mount, tripod mount, and a 16-gb SD card that I'll be selling with it. PM me if you are interested.
    Cal
    Seattle
    2007 Supra 22
    WashingtonWake facebook group

So, with the helmet strap, have you had any serious crashes withit on? Seems like it would rip right off in a bad fall. You wear an extra tether from the camera around you neck like a necklace just in case?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold