Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does this boat just keep getting better?????

Is it me, or does this boat just keep getting better looking..... of course the passenger in the front bow also helps a little this pic makes a nice screen saver!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Sorry I'm a little confused...passenger in the bow or the stern????? Yes Travis this advertising has got me wanting a new boat yesterday. Apparently my lady at the bank gets back from her vacation tomorrow.....I've got some questions for her next week.......
    90 Conbrio

Well I guess a new boat is always a temptation we must face. For some, it's the right thing to do. I guess when you get tired of fooling around with repairs and can justify spending the money, it's time for a new or newer ride.
    I don't have this problem right now, I'm extrememly happy with my boat even though I blew-up my trans last night. It's all rebuilt except the motor and trans, and soon I won't be able to say that . . . besides, I'm too far into my '86 to ever turn back now. Not that I would want to . . . .

Oh, and yes, the ad and the ladies are appealing . .
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

I am at least three years away from another purchase. My wife already reminded me this boat was supposed to be a "10 year" boat, and fortunately we just paid it off a few months ago. Considering I was going to buy a "used" boat to start, our '08 22 is more than sufficient for our family and our needs. Still reliable and running strong after 225 hours.

As much as I like the 242, its a little big for us, I am hoping they redesign the 22 over the next few years, this would be much more appealing for me to upgrade. The 21V is a nice boat, just a little small for me.

Still diggin' the pics of the 242.....
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Travis...225 hours already??! Thats impressive...you've spent some time on the water! Mine has less than 80 on it...and I think we got them about the same time. My season is a little different than yours though...
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

Quote Originally Posted by jaywidhalm View Post
    Travis...225 hours already??! Thats impressive...you've spent some time on the water! Mine has less than 80 on it...and I think we got them about the same time. My season is a little different than yours though...
    Considering I bought it in Dec of 2008, I have been pleased we have been running it hard. As I tell most who ask about it, did not buy it to sit in the garage! We can usually keep on the water here until about mid october, then it gets a little chilly. Last year we put 130 hours on it, and about 100 so far this year... not to shabby!

August has been slowing down for us, kids are back in school, little ones in basketball, my daughter has soccer tourneys almost every weekend, and my oldest starts Rugby. Usually this is when I start going out with my friends from work. September is epic around here, the lakes are empty and the water is fantastic!
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Ahhhh California dream'in......
    90 Conbrio

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    It's a very good looking boat, but you take off that Supra logo and Launch logo and I'd be willing to bet ya most Supra owners couldn't tell you if it's a Supra or a Malibu or one of the other hundreds of boats that look just alike. Shame they lost their originality from the 80's and 90's. Still make a great boat, but they seem to have taken a cue from car manufacturers where everything is just plain boring. Bummer.
    WOW, could not disagree with you more.... The paint scheme is similar to the Malibu, but look at a Malibu LSV and the 242 next to eachother and they really dont look the same.

If this is a boring boat, then I must be really boring... because I'll take two!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Hey Jay -- Travis has nothing for hours. He's a lightweight.

My 08, purchased in August of that year, just turned 335 hours yesterday - and
    remember, I don't live in California - but Colorado where the season is MUCH shorter.
    (and for 4-5 months of the year, you can drive a CAR on the water)

Just kidding Travis - but like you, we didn't buy the boat to sit outside and just
    look pretty!!! it gets used, and this year is way lighter than normal usage (for us).

Now - I have to figure out what happened yesterday, just before we were ready
    to load the boat for the 3 hour drive home - the "Eng Fault" showed up in the display.
    (At least it was at the END of the trip!)

Todd

PS: I am also many years from a new boat as well - finally getting this one
    setup the way I want it.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    but look at a Malibu LSV and the 242 next to eachother and they really dont look the same.
    I agree and I really like the look of both, except that tower Malibu uses is UGLY! Cant wait to see the 242 in person.