Default 2009 21 Launch - tame the wake for skiers?

Just bought a new 2009 21 Launch and moved up from an '07 Outback V.

I LOVE this boat in every way but my kids are struggling a bit. Both my 11 year old (slalom) and 7 year old (twin skis) ski and they're incredibly challenged by the wake - even without ballast and plate full down. The Moomba was much better in this regards.

This will never be a boat to pull through a slalom course, but if there's any way to tame the wake for the tots, I'd love to hear your suggestions.

Thanks !

go faster.......like 38mph it flattens out.......unfortunately thats not good for your situation.........its a wakeboard boat
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    go faster.......like 38mph it flattens out.......unfortunately thats not good for your situation.........its a wakeboard boat
    Ha !

That's what I told my wife. She didn't appreciate the humor.

Yeah it is not as much of a crossover boat as the outback.
    My only suggestions would be speed up, have your passengers farther forward, wake plate down.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    Yeah it is not as much of a crossover boat as the outback.
    My only suggestions would be speed up, have your passengers farther forward, wake plate down.

about what i figured. I tried adding some center ballast only but didn't make much difference one way or the other.

Oh well....my girls will just have to toughen up a bit. Good thing the next door neighbor still has an Outback. I'll trade him ski runs for surf time behind the Supra

Teach the wife and kids to wakeboard and surf. Sell the ski on ebay and tell them somebody stole it out of the boat. Tell them you ordered a new ski and the USPS lost it. You ordered a new ski but it was backordered. All the while you get them to wakeboard while they wait for the new ski that never arrives. Problem solved.
    2009 Supra Launch 24 -Gravity Games