Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ScottnAz View Post
    I'm sorry fellow Supra owners, but I've been looking at surf boats.
    Here's the list of what I've been researching:

Centurion Avalanche
    Tige RZ2
    Centrurion Enzo

In that order
    I have heard the Enzos are great surf boats but are lacking build quality and fall apart.... Tige on the other hand has had some much better reviews...before you do it wait for the 242 to be released.... as big of a boat as that is, its gotta throw one sweet wake!
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Cookeville, TN (between Center Hill and Dale Hollow)

Yep, same boats are high on my list.

Avalanche is supposed to have a good wave on both sides. Maybe it doesn't as mentioned above.

Enzo is great but only on one side.

Tige RZ2 is good on both sides plus it has the pickle fork, which I love the looks of.

So, RZ2 moves to my number 1 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    before you do it wait for the 242 to be released.... as big of a boat as that is, its gotta throw one sweet wake!
    No worries Travis, I'm not making a quick decision on this one, and I know Robbie @ the local Supra dealer is dying and willing to get me out on the new boat once it comes in. He has seen the boat and speaks very highly of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
    Tige RZ2 is good on both sides plus it has the pickle fork, which I love the looks of
    Unfortuanely, and personally, I am not a huge fan of the pickle fork and thus the #2 spot for Tige in my books Although, I will say, my wife is a big fan of the looks and room of the pf's, and we all know who wins out in a friendly husband/wife debate

I have also seen the big natiques on alot of videos. I don't think ever heard people talk about one, though.

That is one that would be high on my list if I were keeping one.

It's my understanding that Nauti's take a bunch of exposed/extra weight, just like Supra's do, to throw a competition wake for surfing.
    Believe me, I can get a great wave with my 05' Supra using additional/exposed ballast weight, there's no doubt of that, I think I can produce one of the best inland surf waves in AZ when I want to.
    What I'm looking for, and I'd assume the OP is looking for as well, is a boat that will throw a fantastic surf wake with entirely hidden ballast.
    For that, I think Centurion and Tige have the lead.

I'll throw another plug for the 242 here. Lets see how it does.

I can get my weight hidden in my 24 and throw a great wake. There isnt an issue with putting 1300 lbs or more hidden in the rear locker. Then with the ability to go up to 1180 in the bow, I feel like i have all the weight i need. I know some of you run more but thats alot of hidden weight. 24 just has BIG lockers.

Centurion is the best from what ive heard but im just not a big fan of the look, especially the back end.

I'm not a fan of pickleforks but the RZ2 is def the best looking one on the water.

Speaking of surfing behind a Supra, and not to distract from the original thread, but do any of you have a 21V and have mastered the weight distribution for surfing behind a 21V? I've had a few people that I spoke with before I got my boat this year say to me it throws a real nice surf wave.
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

No worries, Scottie (ssmith) has got the 21V all dialed in, and I'm sure will chime in when he can tear himself away from the lake to check the forums

Cookeville, TN (between Center Hill and Dale Hollow)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottnAz View Post
    No worries, Scottie (ssmith) has got the 21V all dialed in, and I'm sure will chime in when he can tear himself away from the lake to check the forums
    Haha .

I have been on my boat the last few days but its not been on the water . I've been working on a few projects.

For my surf setup, I typically run 1100 rear sac, 400 sac on the rear surf side seat, 400 sac on the rear surf side floor, 650 in the ski locker.

It will look like this....

However, I've been trying something diff lately and I'm liking it. 1100 rear sac, 650 sac in ski locker and 400 sac directly above it.

Quote Originally Posted by cigars n scotch View Post
    Speaking of surfing behind a Supra, and not to distract from the original thread, but do any of you have a 21V and have mastered the weight distribution for surfing behind a 21V? I've had a few people that I spoke with before I got my boat this year say to me it throws a real nice surf wave.
    Better late than never.
    I'm currently running the 1100+ lb gravity games center bags in my '09 21v rear lockers and stock center bag. I plan on having wakemakers get me a custom bigger bag for the center locker. The gravity games bag doesn't fill completely, but i'm sure it's at least 1000 lbs.

Goofy side wake is cleaner than the port side, but both are good.

Here's a vid of my wifey surfing last week with this setup and 3 humanoid ballasts on her side

http://gallery.me.com/jwldoc#100552

EDIT: that vid is actually with the 750 lb rear locker bag, not the 1100 which I subsequently added and is more betterer
    Last edited by The Squeaky Wheel; 09-22-2010 at 10:12 AM.