Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Default Dyno

NeilMcg
    That's really cool that your having your engine dyno tested. You'll have to let us know what the numbers come in at. I'm looking into a DUI distributor, ask your motor man what he thinks and let me know. Thanks

I'll ask him about it. I've never heard of it, so it'll be interesting to learn and I'll pass it along.

Quote Originally Posted by oldman View Post
    NeilMcg
    That's really cool that your having your engine dyno tested. You'll have to let us know what the numbers come in at. I'm looking into a DUI distributor, ask your motor man what he thinks and let me know. Thanks
    I talked with him and he said it was a superior product. But the cost is too high. I'm hoping I'll get what I want with the package.

Finally... got the engine out

I have no idea how to remove the rudder assembly out to get the vertical post straightend out. Can anyone help?

This happened when the engine was taken out. Since running aground, I was wondering if this is a problem. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcg View Post
    Finally... got the engine out

I have no idea how to remove the rudder assembly out to get the vertical post straightend out. Can anyone help?

This happened when the engine was taken out. Since running aground, I was wondering if this is a problem. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help
    NeilMcg
    You can spray it down with pent. oil. Put the nut back on the threaded
    stud a few threads, then tap it loose. (hard rubber or brass hammer). You should be able to move the wedge stud back and forth. Move it to the loose spot, it won't come out till the rudder shaft drops down out of lever arm. Try loosening the packing nut. Try taping the rudder shaft down and off of arm. Don't hit it with anything hard rubber hammer wood doll. Puller if needed. I think you might have to put a couple bolts back in flange if you back off the packing nut and hopefully the nut might help break the arm free.
    Good Luck
    Also PSS makes a nice dripless seal from Skidim.
    Last edited by oldman; 02-19-2011 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks,
    I'll let you know what happens

I'm guessing that the prop-shaft moving that much once released from the tranny means that your strut is bent. Just another item to add to the list.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    I'm guessing that the prop-shaft moving that much once released from the tranny means that your strut is bent. Just another item to add to the list.
    ditto, strut straightening time!!!
    90 Conbrio

Computer died...finally I got my new one.

You guys were right. I ended up buying a new strut from SkiDim and am having the shaft checked. I may go to a 13x14 prop for a little better top end (thoughts?) Upholstery is 75% done. Floor will be in this weekend and once the carpet is laid, I'll re-join the hull/deck. Engine will be in within 3 weeks and then off to the graphics shop.

Last edited by NeilMcg; 04-21-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Whoa! The upholstery looks AWESOME! Did you do it yourself?!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.