Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Carnage at the lake.

Had some interesting things happen out at the lake today. First off we went fishing yesterday and someone (not me) forgot to take their nightcrawlers out of the boat and they rotted underneath a seat all night and part of today, until I found them in my pre-lake inspection.

Then two of my bunks broke on the trailer, and oddly enough, the wood isn't rotted, they're just cracked down the middle.

My boat started misfiring, and come to find out the coil is bad and needs to be replaced along with the distributor. Also, my new alternator belt got chewed up for who knows what reason.

I also forgot to pull my anchor for the first time ever, and drug that sucker for about a mile with 30 feet of rope on it.

To top this all off, my buddy who pulled my truck off the boat ramp forgot to put the truck's keys up and jumped into the lake and lost them in 20 ft. of water. He was real mad at himself, but I told him to calm down. Getting mad doesn't bring the keys back.

I tell ya, I've got all the luck. LOL
    Last edited by Mani; 08-22-2010 at 09:50 PM.

Man. Those days do test ones patience. I hope the boats all good after the anchor pull. Sounds like a cold beer is in order.

Cookeville, TN (between Center Hill and Dale Hollow)

Wow, sorry to hear about all of that. Sounds like you have a good attitude about it all though. I'd be more like your buddy..but you're right, getting mad doesn't change anything.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. The anchor pull luckily didn't cause any damage. I pretty much just laughed at every screw up as each one happened. Patience is the one thing I have in abundance.

Looks like I won't have a running boat next week, so no Texoma trip for me. There's always next year.

Had my own embarassing anchor screw up last year.... Left the beach with about 35 feet of anchor line out. Heard it bang on the bottom of the boat a couple of times and while I was slowing down to figure out the source of the noise it flew up out of the water and landed about 6" away from a passenger on the rear bench. Luckily, it was just embarassing as I think that it could have done some SERIOUS damage to a head.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Mani it sounds like you had too many beers.

I know, but I don't drink on the lake. Somebody has to be the DD. I do rip through about 8 or 9 bottles of water though.

Wow, I am glad to hear that the men make mistakes as well I feel like I am under the spotlight being a chick! 2nd weekend on the lake with my new purchase of a 86 Supra - did lose a ski rope, but hey we found it. Then DNR stopped me because we were idling (due to a small leak currently being repaired) and a friend was sitting on the side of the boat - of course they were looking for alcohol - but they lucked out so felt the need to give me a few instructions on things. Of course a cold one was enjoyed once we docked. Hope my adventures remain as docile as these were - we will see!

I had a pretty eventful day as well. Hit a pretty big wave and lost my aux input on my stereo head unit. Then my oldest kid who was in charge of the rope when I was wakboarding didn't notice a knot in the rope. I will work on getting that out tonite.......Karma since I skipped work today.
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

A bad day at the lake is better than a good day at work I always say! Glad everyone is O.K.