Default FYI - If your ballast tank won't drain check the drain for leaves

Okay it was one of those days on the lake. First we back the boat in I pull the boat off the trailer and one of the trailer bunks literally just falls off into the water. My husband had to run into town to the hardware store and work on the trailer. We finally get some good surfing in and after filling the rear ballast tank for surfing the sucker won't drain. We messed with it for a few hours and finally just loaded the boat like that. When we got the boat home we started checking everything pumps etc. I stuck my finger in the drain hole next to the bilge and felt something. We used a small screw driver and poked around and OUT cames the leaves. Once we got all the leaves out it drained beautifully. Just wanted to let you all know in case you run into this problem this was a new one on us !!!

Rwadlow,
    Were you in VERY shallow water, or are a lot of leaves falling where you
    boat? I live in Missouri and because of the high heat and no rain this summer
    we already have a lot of leaves falling.
    2005 24SSV
    5.7 Indmar 340hp

Default yep both

Yep both as I am in Missouri and run in a shallow lake !!!

Which lake do you run in. I have gone to wappapello a few times, it's shallow
    enough to make me nervous the whole time were there. I really prefer Bull Shoals. Clear deep and cold.
    2005 24SSV
    5.7 Indmar 340hp

Default clearwater lake

We run at Clearwater lake ......wish bull shoals was a little closer
    Love Bulls Shoals and Norfork both !!!

Thanks for sending this. Had a similar issue a few weeks ago and resolved it by taking a hose and shooting water into the drain hole. It was clogged with aglae from the lake. I could hear the pumps working, so I suspected I had a blockage somewhere. Thanks again.
    2006 Supra 21V