Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fresh Air Exhaust Installed

Took about 4 hours (included cleaning up the transom a lot once I removed the swim deck.) It also involved fabricating those support brackets under the swim deck from the provided square stock that Larry sent me. It wasn't all that hard and made a pretty big difference in the sound behind the boat. I did have an issue with the screws that were holding on my supratrapps -- they didn't seem to bite into enough material to get a good seal on the new flanges. I went out surfing last night and came back and was missing 2 screws... My auto-bilge was running a LOT. Will get some longer/larger screws and redo it tonight.

Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

I'm pretty jealous of that transom light. Saw one this weekend on my friends 91 Comp. I wish I had one stock.
    Good luck with the longer screws. I have two that tighten but turn free after that. I rely on the 3M to hold them in. Pretty much the reason I havn't bought the FAE. I hope they seal up for you. Good luck.

I believe that the stern light is required by the USCG for any boat larger than 23 feet. I've replaced my bulb with an LED one. It is a nice thing to have!

Sorry if you misunderstood. I have a pole light. Very plain jane. Very legal. Very Coast Guard approved. I also have an upgraded tower light that is very visible. I just liked the small, very sleek, stock, transom light. My boat is only 19.5ft- but always safety first.

Lookin good!! I used much bigger, longer screws than were in the SupraTraps to get good wood.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Quote Originally Posted by 87SunSportMikeyD View Post
    Lookin good!! I used much bigger, longer screws than were in the SupraTraps to get good wood.
    Thats what she said.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Supra-in-steamboat View Post
    Sorry if you misunderstood. I have a pole light. Very plain jane. Very legal. Very Coast Guard approved. I also have an upgraded tower light that is very visible. I just liked the small, very sleek, stock, transom light. My boat is only 19.5ft- but always safety first.
    Nope, I understood. As I read the USCG regulations it says that boats larger than 23' require a stern light (that is on while under power) in addition to an anchor light (which needs to be on while under power or while moored.) The anchor light needs to be 360degree visible, but I believe the stern light only needs to be 135degree.

Looks good!

Wotan, where'd you get the led bulb for your transom light, I replaced mine with a standard bulb, but would love to have an led in there....
    BTW FAE looks great.....
    90 Conbrio

Hey Wot,

The FAE looks great!

Can you elaborate on "a pretty big difference in the sound"? How's the noise level in the boat? on the board? Have you noticed much of an impact on top speed, handling, or other performance?

Since the topic of transom lights came up. I've got a replacemt LED stern light to install on my Salt - almost an exact fit, but no gasket??? When your weighted for surfing, does the stern light get submerged? Just curious how critical the seal will be. Thanks.

oh yeah - the FAE looks great!
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____