Default deck fill cap (gas cap) lost - help!

Hi all,

Today I was filling up my 89 TScomp and when I stuck the nozzle of the gas can into the hole, it knocked the chain loose and my deck fill cap sunk to the bottom. After about 1 hour of snorkeling to find it I gave up, plugged it with a raquet ball and duct taped it on until next weekend.

I need to find a new one, but I'm not exactly sure what to get. I checked out Iboats and they have quite a selection but don't give much description of the size. The outer diameter where the cap screws in looks to be about 2-1/8".

Does any one know what brand or what size that would fit, or if you have the same boat, can you see if it says anything on it? Most of them just say they are for 1-1/2" pipe.

Tom

I just replaced mine, '90 Conbrio, it was pretty straight forward. West Marine had a couple to choose from here in Toronto, All their caps for gas fit, diesel and oil caps were clearly a diff. size.
    Just did some digging and can't seem to find the one I bought online, I would buy locally and return if necessary....
    90 Conbrio

Default thanks

Thanks for commenting so quickly. I called my dealer and they didn't have any in stock so I ordered one from Iboats. Hopefully it will work.

www.skidim.com check them they have pretty uch everthing for our boats. I have an 87 comp!!!

I went down to the hardware store and got a ABS plumbing clean out drain cap 1 1/2" that worked until I could get a new cap on my old 90 comp

As an alternative site I found to skidim.

I have not ordered from either so no personal input on which is better.

http://www.inboardonline.com
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"