Default Throttle lever/ Gear shift problems

I haven't used my 04 Launch ssv since late June. Took it out this morning and it won't shift into gear. The throttle lever will not release from the neutral position. I can push the neutral button to keep it out of gear and throttle it up, but the lever will not move out of neutral otherwise. I felt around behind the panel and I can't find anything that appears loose or broken. Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks,
    Trent

did you check the linkage lever on your tranny itself, may be slightly frozen
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

I am almost in tears. You have a thirty thousand plus boat and it hasnt been in waters since June? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by saltare inverts View Post
    I am almost in tears. You have a thirty thousand plus boat and it hasnt been in waters since June? Wow.

lol seriously
    1994 Supra Sunsport

Quote Originally Posted by tbone0190 View Post
    I haven't used my 04 Launch ssv since late June. Took it out this morning and it won't shift into gear. The throttle lever will not release from the neutral position. I can push the neutral button to keep it out of gear and throttle it up, but the lever will not move out of neutral otherwise. I felt around behind the panel and I can't find anything that appears loose or broken. Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks,
    Trent
    This kinda happened to me at havasu one time, but it was a loose nut in the lever itself, kinda sucked figuring that out on the water..
    1994 Supra Sunsport

You guys can laugh all you want, I put my boat up at the end of May and didn't get it out until the end of August..... 2 back surgeries....

check the linkage at the transmission like Doc said. I had a similar problem once and found the air filter had fallen off and wouldn't let the linkage move.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

i've never seen the insides of the throttle mechanism on an 04. but if it's anything like the older boats', there are brass pieces inside that can wear out over time. they are easy to replace although removing the throttle assembly can be tricky.
    Last edited by Salty87; 09-09-2010 at 01:17 PM.