Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Looks like the boat will be going for paint sometime next week, so I will be putting new seals in the tranny in meantime in anticipation of getting the motor in as soon as its back from paint!

Here's hoping it will be making the trip north with me for a houseboating adventure on the Canada Day Long weekend!

@ Doc 1 - lol I do not envy anyone who wants to take this job on, so many hours of work, take how long you think it will take you, then double it and add a few more hrs on top, then your in the ballpark. Although it will be very satisfying at the end of the day. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I can also point you in the direction of were to find some of the necessities for the rebuild at a reasonable price.
    85 SunSport - "Under Construction"

Oh yea, one more update! All my hardware has been dropped off at the powdercoater! Should be ready Tuesday!

Hey, I was talking to Justin last night. That tower looks siick! Apparently there's going to be a kickass stereo too?

Default all black everything!

Just got my hardware, and windshield frame back from the powdercoater. Looks awesome, also got my glass tinted, Can't wait to get it back together and see how it looks.

Looks like the painting process is going to take a little bit longer than anticipated, after consulting with my paint guy, looks like I need to sand this beast top to bottom, down to the gelcoat. The worst part is it looks like there are upwards of 2-3 layers of paint on the boat already. fun stuff haha.

Oh well, thats the way she goes, still anticipating having it in the water for Canada Day if everything goes as planned.

Heading to a friends shop to replace the output shaft seal on my tranny tomorrow evening, and then the motor will be ready to go back in!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where is the shop that you are working on your boat located and is it yours?

The shop that I did the stringers at is actually the "install bay" at my work. Located in Toronto.

Not mine by any means, but hasn't been used for much but storage as of lately. So I used it to do the main part of the restoration. Now that the top cap is back on, the boat in in my driveway at home, where I will be doing most of the prep work before paint.

Might bring it back down on a few weekends to use some of the necessary tools, but for the most part its full steam ahead to get it paint, drive-train installed and back in the water by Canada Day!
    Last edited by WakeSurfCanada; 06-09-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Default slowly but surely

No real good pic's or updates as of yet, just a whole lot of sanding to get this thing ready for paint.

Amidst the sanding I have found some questionable patch work done by the previous owner, that looks extrememly suspect, so I will be sanding/ripping out out and doing it properly.

I just want to be back on the water. . . .

Default Paint

Who is painting the boat?

A buddy of mine, I worked out a little contra deal with him, some stereo equipment for paint on the boat.

FYI, prepping a boat for paint is a damn tedious job! Been sanding and sanding and some more sanding so that the new paint will look good and do so for years to come.

Can't wait to get it done and get out on the lake!

Default the way she goes. . .

Well, Canada day has some and past, and sure enought my d-day has passed as we have seen on many other boat rebuilds, but as the title says. . "thats the way she goes".

I was away and on vacation on a houseboating adventure over the Canada day weekend and it was awesome, consequently the only thing missing was a wakeboat to go for some pull's behind

With that being said, I have been chomping at the bit ton get this boat coated and continue my progress with this project. After much debate or paint vs gel coat, we finally pulled the trigger and gel coated the boat all black vs painting.

I know that black is going to be smoking hot on the water, but it's something I'm willing to deal with for the look I am going for.

I am very pleased with the outcome so far, although I have not yet started wetsanding and polishing it out. . . that will be the real fun part. . .

So we re gel coated the top cap down to the waterline, and I will be using a epoxy based Teflon bottom coat that will be rolled on in the days to come.

Here's some pic's, let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images