Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brostock 2011?

Default Brostock 2011?

As I sit here watching Brostock 2010 on Fuel TV, I think the wife and I have decided to take a trip next year to Bull Shoals for BS2011 if it happens. What I want to know is who has gone, and who will be there next year?

I know it's a blast, I go to the tourney's in Nashville every year.

I'd be thinking about renting a houseboat for the weekend. Would bring my boat down as well. I'd need someone that's familiar with the area to advise on where to get the houseboat, etc. Lake Bull Shoals, or whatever is listed on BS's website lists houseboats for $1000 a weekend, and a better one for $2800 for the weekend.

Get ready..... DISCUSS!
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

I believe brostock rented all the houseboats last year and they atte not quality boats. We stayed in a motel that worked out fine, however you must have a sober driver as they patrolled hard. I have dish so wasn't able to watch the coverage but have a buddy that recorded and will watch soon. Once I do ill try to give you a comparison of my experience versus what is shown. If day I was expecting more but we had a blast and will be going back. The people there didn't seemed to bother and loved the tourist. It is a real quite area in the HILLS. Be ready to put the non diesels to work when towing.

all in all, good time though different than I expected. Can post with more specific detail and pics later.

Oh and bull shoals is an amazing lake. Glass all weekend even with all those people out there.

Guess I'll have to call to see if any boats are available.

It's 300 miles from my house, and if I didn't own a diesel, I wouldn't make the trip. Picked up another one a few weeks ago. there's just no comparison from the 06 Chevy LBZ and auto 6-spd Allison to the Denali.
    My Install Gallery

I'm sure its night and day comparison. One day I'll have one if I can find it for the right price.

search brostock, I have posted some pics there of 2010.

Well, this isn't really the best time to buy a used diesel. They're priced at or above NADA and KBB values. The 2011's just came out, and they're anywhere from $50K to $60K. I'm guessing that's driving up the resale on the used trucks.

Thanks for the info on Brostock. I'm gonna make some calls next week to see what we can do.
    My Install Gallery

jonyb, you ever decide on whether or not you are going to make the trip? I went ahead and booked a spot.

For anyone else interested. We had a good time last year. Here are a couple pics ...

2006 Supra 24SSV

Hey kg, can we stay with you?
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    Hey kg, can we stay with you?
    I would probably stay at the hotel the riders stay at so you don't have to do any driving if you want to attend the parties and meet all of the riders. If have to google the hotel name bc I can't remember what it is. (on phone right now)

Dusty, I MAY make an exception for you. Ha!
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Pretty sure we will be making the trip. Wouldn't want to come between the lovely couple so, let me know what the name of that hotel is when you get it. Any other info would be helpful as well.
    -----------------------

2004 Supra Launch SS

Acme 913 prop, WS 420, Kicker L5 sub, JL/Kicker amps, Kicker in boats, Polk mm in roswell bar, 3000# ballast.

"Never underestimate a man that Overestimates himself."

Oh Chad, you would be my last exception.
    2006 Supra 24SSV