Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Drain Holes and Flappers

Thanks all, for the drain hole advice! I called the shop today and told them NOT to drill any drainage holes.

On another note, I am thinking about installing exhaust flappers in-place of the SuperTrapps. I have read the threads but it isn't real clear to me if I have to remove and shorten the stainless steel piping in the boat, or do I just cut off the threaded part of the SuperTrapp flange?

You will need to cut the existIng pipes. You will need a piece of rubber exhaust hose and several clamps to hook to the new flappers pipe and the old exhaust pipe.

I would consider removing the foam and not replacing it. Then add drain holes as you mentioned to allow condensation drain paths to the bilge. I think the foam does more damage than good over the long term.
    Rick Ludtke
    1990 Supra Pirata
    1987 Supra Comp TS6M
    Photo Album https://forum.supraboats.com/album.php?albumid=4

Yes, Mikey. You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by rludtke View Post
    I would consider removing the foam and not replacing it. Then add drain holes as you mentioned to allow condensation drain paths to the bilge. I think the foam does more damage than good over the long term.
    My power boat is basically the same concept! No foam.. Just iberglassed stringers and the whole thing painted with bilge paint w/ drain holes

Yes foam out, plastic ballast tanks in. Underfloor ballast, perfect.