Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Well, turns out that my dad (being the handy guy that he is) happened to have a pop riveter up at his place, which is where my boat lives. So I moved the arms, and now my adjustment goes from about dead-flat to ~2 inches up. Hopefully it won't rain tomorrow, and I'll get a chance to test it out again.

Thanks for the feedback - great news. Glad the spray is a not issue (not even the extensions?). I got mine mounted over the weekend. Actually ended up like you (great minds think alike?) - parallel at full down, 1.75" up at the trailing edge at full up. Figured I'd stick with the factory ranges to start with & easier to just add a spacer if I wanted to shift the travel downward.

Rear access for the thru-bolting was easy for me - I'm wrapping up a full cap-off resto, so there's still nothing back there.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Yeah, as far as spray is concerned, you can't even tell there's anything different. I guess maybe if it does spray, it just hits the swim platform or something. I haven't ridden behind it yet, so my only view is from the driver's seat.

Makes sense with the ongoing resto, if I had easy access I would definitely have thru-bolted, I just gambled a bit on it not being worth the extra effort. Since the extensions act like levers, the actual load seen by my rams should be significantly lower as well, I think.

How did this end up working out for you guys?

functional, but in the end i mostly set it where I like it an leave it there. I used to trim the nose down a hair to help avoid porpoising at high speeds and then back up for wakeboarding, but the lake i'm on now (lake austin) rarely has conditions that let me really open it up anyway. Also, one of my cheapo ebay actuators crapped out. All together i'd say it was a successful project, but it doesn't buy you all that much.