Default Another depth finder question, puck location

Was wondering peoples opinions on this, I have a 94 sunsport. I was reading the manual and it says in the rear like near where the prop is, I was wondering if it should go somewhere near the bilge or someplace completely different the either of those???

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1994 Supra Sunsport

I am wondering the same thing but for an '89 Saltare. I installed a gauge in the dash this week and just need to figure out a location for the transducer. I'm thinking either opposite the water pickup for the engine or near/under driveshaft/trans. Trying to think either flattest spot and spot with least chance of air or turbulance while on plane.

I can tell you where not to put it. I put mine in front of the engine right near the bilge pumps. It's never worked. I really do need to knock it out and move it somewhere else.... I think opposite the raw-water intake is probably the best place.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

96Comp Guest

Default Puck Location

Agree with WOTAN2525: don't put in front of the engine in the bulge. I relocated mine to the back across and maybe back of the raw water intake. Works well now. Picks up 95 percent of the time. Before - maybe read depth about 30 percent of the time.

Across from the water intake or somewhere in that range. That is a section of the boat that is in the water all the time. Stay in front of the prop so prop wash doesn't impact the readings, as well.

Yep - you guys are right. Jim installed mine just about opposite the raw water intake and it works really well there.
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com