Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Advice on what to do first?

So it's Thursday at 2am and I am selling a Stratos fish 'n ski in the morning, then picking up a 91 Sunsport on Saturday. So as I am sure many of you would understand, I can't quit thinking about what I am going to do to this bone-stock Supra. Of course I only have a short time before it is too cold out to even enjoy floating and drinking beer on the local river due to the temperatures this time of year. So this winter I definitely want to make some upgrades to the boat while it is out of service. There are a lot of things that I want to do but I know I won't do all of those because I would be better off to just buy a way newer boat that had all of the options. So I am trying to decide what projects to complete during the winter. Keep in mind, this boat is in spectacular condition but is completely stock/factory. That being said, for next season I would like to have a new stereo (to include a new deck, 4 speakers, a 4 channel amp, a sub and another amp for it), a tower(I really like the Aerials and Krypts or maybe the TL) or possibly just an extended pylon, some sacs and pumps, a bimini top, tint on the windshield, newer graphics and striping (no wrap), new trailer rims and tires (bling bling), LED's for the interior, and possibly transfer perfect pass from my mother's Ski Brendella since she no longer skis competition. So what project/projects does everyone recommend that I try to complete this off-season? I know that I am a little ahead of myself but I can't stop thinking about it as I am sure some of you understand. Some of you have been in my situation but this is my first time upgrading a boat like this so that's why I am asking the guys that have done it before. If you have read this far, please at least respond with your 2 cents! I will be on a Budget of about $1500 or so for upgrades and the boat needs absolutely nothing as far as repairs. So what else should I consider and what order do you all recommend I do it in?

Thanks guys. I know it is a little soon for all this and I do have an idea of what I want to do but I was wanting some outside input on the subject.

Thanks in advance, David
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your budget is going to limit you a bit. A tower is going to eat up around $1000. If it were me, I'd focus on the tower and the tunes first, then go from there.

Great looking boat. Sounds like Okie is on the right advise track to me

I also agree with Okie. Could do a pump and sacs if you plan on wakeboarding or surfing a lot and want the bigger wake, say over a subwoofer and amp or something.
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

Function over fashion.... if you plan on surfing, invest in some good sacs and pumps. If you're going to wakeboard -- tower + sacs. If you're going to drink beer and party cove, stereo + tower.

It's all up to what you want to use it for.

And... if it were me? I'd make sure I had a little bit in reserve for repairs. I know you don't think you need any... but.... you will!!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Great looking boat... I'm with Okie and Wotan, especially that last part!!!
    90 Conbrio

Keep you eye open for some used equipment this winter. With a limited budget it is always nice to save some coin... This way you can add two or three things for half the price of new!!!

In the winter it is a buyers market so enjoy!!

I would go with a tower and board racks. Also a bimini if you are going to be out during the day a lot. Since these items would probably deplete the budget you can remove the old stickers and detail the boat out for little to no cost.

Congratulations on the new boat.
    1988 Supra Mariah

i dont know how much you are in love with TL, or krypt audio, but i would build my system out of these speakers, and one sub, a 15' under the driver console.
    Look up Hifonics audio,: http://www.hifonics.com/Hifonics_Triton_Speakers.html
    http://www.hifonics.com/Hifonics_Bru...ubwoofers.html

EGDE
    IT's just a boat - You need to love it!
    Caress Me down - 1991 Supra Sunsport

Yep..go with what makes your boat a better wakeboarding boat (except stereo, a must have) tower FIRST!! you can buy used sacs and then go to work on the stereo. Always start off with function bigger wake, PROP!!, p-pass, nice line, tune up...then hit the cool stuff to look good for the ladies..I mean wife. Man that boat is pretty. MORE PICS!! Jet
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub