Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I recommend that you watch for a tower on ebay this fall/winter. They tend to go for a much lower price than if you were to buy in the spring or summer. I remember seeing a couple of the Aerial Airborne towers selling to the highest bidder for around $650 last year.

**I just checked ebay on the Airborne towers and they have a buy it now price of $599 for another couple of days!**
    Last edited by Jester; 10-15-2010 at 02:38 PM.

If you are on a tight budget, I would make sure you take the boat out quite a few times to make sure everything is working good and that you don't run into any mechanical issues before you start adding upgrades to the boat. All boats have issues at some point. Once you feel the boat is running good then start adding some upgrades but also as somone mentioned earlier I would keep some money in reserve for incidental repairs.

If it were me I would make sure I can get the boat to the water safely first. Check your trailer, you mentioned something about new wheels so I'm guessing you see something you don't like about the old ones. Are the wheels rusty? If so you will want to check the brakes, wheel bearings, and bearing buddies.

Then I would go tower, tunes, then fat sacs. Sacs are cheap and easy to throw in at the last minute.
    1989 Supra SunSport | ACME 480 Prop. | 13th Floor Tower

Well guys, I think I have the plan in place. Not much of a plan but it's still a plan. And just like some of you said, first thing that I have even done is general repairs. I had to replace the starter and the relay/solenoid after it stuck and the drive gear for the starter busted into pieces the first time I went to put it in my local river last weekend (just my luck, same thing happened with my last boat). And also the trailer has required a few things so far and still needs a new winch, some guides, rollers, and a new brake actuator/coupler. I have some new speakers, 4-channel amp, and a head unit for the interior just to get the stereo started for now but everything else is just going to have to wait until I can find it on the off-season sale price. And JET, some more pics upon your request but i don't really have any good ones yet.

thanks again guys for all the input
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice pics...looks like a nice clean find. Congrats and enjoy!
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

Thats PRETTY..lots of potential. : )
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Looks pretty good!

Love the boat she looks gorgeous!!! She will treat you well. IMO I would get the tower first, then fat sacs.
    --WakeMikeys 1987 Supra SunSport--
    Thread - https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=3630
    Photo Gallery - http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showga.../35518/cat/500
    Videos - http://www.vimeo.com/user2034462/videos
    Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

I'll trade you my '90 Mariah, with a monster tower!! She looks really good! I like how much room the Sunsports have under the seats, and the swivel captians chair!

That's a beautiful boat David. Congrats. Where you spend your money on upgrades depends on how you plan to use the boat. Are you looking for general on the water fun or a dedicated wakeboard boat?

Regardless of use, if the prop is the original OJ Legend 3-blade, a swap to a new CNC 4-blade wheel from ACME or OJ would be first on my list. Props have come a long way in 20 years, and keeping the old one as a spare can be a day-saver.
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red
    PCM 351HO 285hp - PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
    OJ XMP 4 Blade CNC 13x15.5RH

"People do weird things to boats" -Unknown