Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thank you for your quick response titan. I don't know what glassing in the floor is going to be like but tearing the stringers, floor and foam out are a back breaker to say the least.

I have a couple of more questions based on your answers above:

attached are pictures of the PL (professional line) adhesive available at my local hardware store. Do any of these look familiar? They have different numbers which I assume are bond strength.

1. On question number 5. you stated that you used 5200 or 4200. What are those two numbers in reference to?
    2. What did you use the CSM for if you used PL in lieu of 'Peanut Butter'?
    3. Do you have a picture of what went down where the water intake (fresh water intake fitting that is through-hull) is? I have a few bolt holes in a square pattern that surround that inlet. Unfortunately whatever was there to begin with was removed before I started the project. I am including a picture for a little more insight.
    4. What was the easiest way to get the stringer out from the fiberglass? I was just thinking about using the Dremel to cut along the string and then beat the heck out of them until I am able to get them loose?
    5. Once I start to remove the rest of the stringers can I sit inside of the boat? I am not sure how much weight the hull can take without all the support structure.

Thank you in advance.0722151253.jpg0722151253a.jpg0722151253b.jpg0722151253c.jpg0722151011.jpg
    Last edited by codemonkey82; 07-23-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DKJBama92Mariah View Post
    That looks amazing. Job well done. Before going on vacation, consider putting spare belts, a fuel filter, an impeller, and a small crescent wrench under one of the seats for any eventualities. Never hurts to be prepared, especially far from home.
    It's like you've been looking through my boat. All of those items are permanent spares in my boat.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Is that the original swim platform?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Is that the original swim platform?
    Yes it is. I plan on replacing it this winter if possible.

1986 Saltare

Where did you find the old school supra decals for the boat and trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by hoop46 View Post
    Where did you find the old school supra decals for the boat and trailer?
    I made them myself. I didn't want the super old school rainbow colors and design, so I made a version of the older Supra logo that I like better and I think is still age appropriate for my boat. I also made the graphic for the trailer but I don't really know what the inspiration for that was. It was something I just tried and it kinda stuck.

1986 Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTn View Post
    I made them myself. I didn't want the super old school rainbow colors and design, so I made a version of the older Supra logo that I like better and I think is still age appropriate for my boat. I also made the graphic for the trailer but I don't really know what the inspiration for that was. It was something I just tried and it kinda stuck.
    Wow! i'd kill for one for my trailer.